ᴍᴏᴜʀɴ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

*Play <-- Titan*

"Fire!" Commander Erwin shouted, and I heard the cannons fire, shooting into the female Titan, sending another load of grapple hooks

If the Titan moves even an inch, the wounds will heal and it's joints will become more stiff. 

I watched as Captain Levi and Miche went to attempt to slice the nape off, but she hardened her hands that were covering her nape, and their blades broke. Miche went up to where Commander Erwin and I were standing and shook his head no, holding up his broken blades.

"Prepare to blast it. Blow off the target's hands." Commander said as a Scout came down to report. 
"Yes, sir. However, there's a risk our standard artillery could take out everything on the inside as well." The Scout pointed to his neck.
"Then let's attempt to sever the wrists instead. Fire an all-out salvo on my signal." Commander came up with another option, and the Scout went down to the cannons.

I noticed Captain Levi on the top of the Titan's head, and he must have been talking to it. As he was talking, I was looking around my surroundings, making sure I couldn't see the Levi Squad just in case something happened.

"What are you looking for?" I heard Commander ask.
"Making sure the others aren't in sight." I replied.
"I see. Your last name is Jones, correct?" He asked another question.
"Yes, sir." I continued to look down at the Female Titan.

*Skip to 2:17*

I looked as Captain Levi said something to the Titan, and it's expression changed, and it suddenly let out a deafening scream, and I immediately covered my ears. This scream is so loud, it can be heard from miles away. I looked over at Miche coming up to Commander and I.

"Erwin. I can smell them." Miche stood on the large branch with us, and I furrowed my eyebrows, readying my blades.
"From which direction?" Commander turned to Miche.
"All directions, all at once! Lots of them." Miche said, and I heard heavy footsteps in the distance.

"Hurry with artillery!" Commander pointed his sword.
"Erwin! The first wave is from the east. They're close!" Miche said.
"Wagon defense squad! Intercept them!" Commander shouted, and the squad went to distract them, but the Titans completely ignored the squad.

"Three Titans have broken in!" 

"Captain Levi!" Someone shouted Captain's name, and he was still standing on top of the Titans head, talking to it. 

He then effortlessly sliced three napes in a row, in less than three seconds. A small Titan started tearing at the Female Titan's leg. She must have called for backup. But, she's taking her life in the process to protect the information she has. Titans then suddenly began running towards the Female Titan at all directions, all different sizes.

"All soldiers, commence combat! Defend the Female Titan at all costs!" Commander Erwin yelled, and I held the grip on my blades and pulled the trigger, and it clasped onto a 10 meter's nape, and I easily sliced the nape. There was blood and napes flying everywhere, and the Titans still continued to eat the Female Titan. I then held the trigger to another 8 meter Titan and I was just about to hit the ground from falling, but the momentum picked me up and I put my feet first, dragging them in the dirt as it then threw me up in the air.

I got at a good position to get the Titans nape, and as I came from the side, I carefully slid both blades deep enough into the Titans nape, and it fell onto the ground, limp. I looked as the Female Titan was being devoured, and torn to pieces and I grappled onto a 11 meter Titan as I heard Commander Erwin's voice.

"All soldiers, withdraw! Redeploy the formation! Return to Calaneth District!" He yelled, and I sliced the nape of the Titan as he said that, and then grappled back onto the branch I was last on, next to Commander, and Captain then came beside us. Everyone panted and dripped sweat, sitting down for a moment as the steam from corpses of Titans rose into the sky.

"We've been bested." Commander sighed.
"What's with that pathetic look of yours?" Captain looked at Commander.
"This goes to show that the enemy was prepared to throw away everything. I never imagined our target would resort to Titan cannibalism to dispose of information." Commander explained.

"After all that blustering we did in the courtroom, this is how it turns out... If we waltz back there now, who knows what will happen to Eren or us." Captain added, and I realized the same thing as he said that.
"We can think about that once we've returned. For now, we need to focus on returning without any further losses. For now." Commander looked down at the Titans devouring what was left of the skeleton.

"I'm going to get my squad. Lilly, come with me." Captain looked at me and was about to pull the trigger to swing off.
"Wait." I heard Commander as I was about to pull the trigger.

"Replenish both of your gas and blades first." Commander looked at us.
"We're low on time and I have enough to last already, Lilly does too. Why?" Captain asked Commander as he looked at me and I nodded.
"That's an order. Do as you're told." Commander looked down at Captain.
"Whatever you say, Erwin. I'll trust your judgement. Come on." Captain looked up at him, and I could feel tension rising. He then swung down to where the resupply wagon was, and I trailed behind him.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

I looked up into the distance as I was connecting the gas onto my left ODM box, and saw a yellow strike of lightning, and a boom. I furrowed my eyebrows, and looked over at Captain Levi.

"That wasn't Eren."

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

Moments later, as we were getting ready to leave quickly, we heard another boom, and yellow lightning. That was Eren.

"Let's go." Captain looked at me as I nodded, and we swung off into the trees towards the direction of the lightning strike.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

*Play Two Lives*

We passed the trees and I noticed someone hanging in the distance from their ODM gear... Gunther? No, it can't be. As we got closer, I recognized him from his hair. I furrowed my eyebrows and held a tighter grip on my blade handles. We then saw Eld, who was laying down on the grass, with half of his body torn off. After, I saw Oulo, who was next to a tree.

This feeling... is familiar...

We went up ahead and stopped on a tree branch, and looked down at Petra who was faced up against a tree, she must have been smashed by the Female Titan. I felt a feeling of mourn, but then a feeling of rage.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

We moved on ahead and went up to see Eren about to be eaten by the Female Titan. I furrowed my eyebrows even more, and sped up, using extra gas. I stopped as the Female Titan then put Eren into her mouth, and wiped it, then ran off.

"W-Wait... Eren... You're all I have..." I stared at the Titan running off, but then felt even more rage flow through my body. I quickly pressed the trigger to chase after the Female Titan, completely leaving Captain Levi behind. 

"Give Eren... back!" I screamed as I flipped around and sliced at her cheek, and she tried to swat me away. I shot another grapple hook out, slicing her arms, legs, and then nose. 

"Give them back!" I screamed again and sliced the back of her knee, and she fell to the ground, one hand holding her nape. She looked back at me as I swung my ODM gear onto a tree to rest, and I stared back at her. 

"Eren... is alive. Eren is alive! I'm going to slaughter this girl, butcher her body..." I said, but then flashes of Gunther, Eld, Oulo, Petra, and then Eren appeared into my mind. I came back to reality just as the Female Titan tried to throw a punch at me while I was stopped at the tree, and barely dodged. 

"Wait!" I screamed as she started to run off, and I pressed the trigger to throw out my grapple hooks and follow her. All of the sudden, I felt an arm wrap around my waist, and I looked up to see Captain Levi. We stared at each other for a moment, but then he talked.

"Stay back for now." He looked down at me and I gritted my teeth, while my eyes were quivering. He let go of me and he went ahead after the Titan, and I trailed behind him.

"Maintain this distance. She must be worn out, too. She's not so fast anymore. It looks like she bit the entire nape off. Is Eren dead?" He looked down to me.

I looked at him and forward, furrowing my eyebrows.

*Outro - Call Your Name (Gv)*

a/n: hey guys! sorry for not publishing this weekend, i was actually at the barn to see my horse. don't worry! i will still keep publishing everyday, on the weekends i may or may not forget if i am at the barn. :) anyways, stay safe and healthy!