ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ʟɪꜰᴇ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 45

(A/N: sorry for any grammatical errors, i wrote the shiganshina arc while pulling an all nighter)

As I took out the seventh small Titan, I haven't seen any causalities yet. As I was finishing off the eighth, I noticed a bright yellow beam in the air above the wall on the inside of the city. No... could that be--

Bertholdt?!

The explosion was huge, it was pretty much like a bomb. The light went away in a few seconds, and I saw dust fly above the walls in the city. I landed onto a roof, looking above the wall to see the Colossal Titan standing, and kicking debris into the air, throwing some with his hand as well, followed by some small explosions in the city.

The rest of the Levi Squad... they have to be okay. I need to focus on my mission right now.

My grapple hooks connected onto a house about 20 meters away from me, and propelled me forward, and I saw Captain standing on a house nearby. I released the grapple hooks and connected them onto the roof he was on, and as I got close I released them and landed next to Levi.

"We're done cleaning up in the middle. The only small ones left are way in the front. Any status on the Beast Titan? He hasn't moved an inch from what I've seen." I sighed.

"Yeah. It seems he's a coward. Not like he's ever had enough balls to begin with." Captain replied as a Scout landed beside us.

"We're going to clean up the small Titans in the front, you two take a break!" He said and moved up to the front of the village outside of Shiganshina.

"What was that explosion?" Captain Levi looked over at me as we turned our heads to the city.
"I'm not exactly sure, but I think it was the Colossal Titan." I explained.

"We've gotta get to the other side and--" Levi began to speak but froze as we saw small pieces of rock fly in front of us, following by larger sizes of it. I quickly turned ahead and blocked my face with my arms as debris began to fly past us, some too close for comfort. The bigger pieces landed in the front.

I watched as a combination of dust and blood erupted through the village, seeing comrades and limbs flying with it. The dust cleared, and I saw comrades laying limp on the ground, blood stained everywhere.

I watched as the Beast Titan prepared to throw another round of the rubble. This won't be ending any time soon.

"All troops! Take cover!" I heard Commander shout above us, and I looked over to Levi who began to fly towards the bodies.

"You guys!" He shouted, and I followed behind him, watching as rubble approached, while we dropped into an alley. I looked up to see blood and dust with more bodies flying around and some shouting. I heard the horses spooking in the distance, and glanced over to Captain Levi.

"We can't check for survivors or else we'll get crushed. Retreat to the edge of the wall!" Captain flew over to where the horses were being kept.

"The Titan's throwing boulders! All of you, retreat to the wall with the horses!" Captain commanded the recruits as another round of rubble flew above us. "Hurry! Get out of the line of fire!" Levi pointed.

We ran as I watched a recruit lead Adobe towards the walls, Adobe looking distressed. As I ran beside Levi I noticed he stopped.

"Hey, stand up! You wanna die?!" Captain Levi grabbed Floch's coat as he covered his ears, and I continued running towards the wall.

"How's it looking?" Captain asked as Erwin landed in front of him, while I approached Adobe, putting a hand on his neck as I shared eye-contact with the girl holding him.

"Terrible. His throws have destroyed the front line of houses. If he keeps on throwing, everything will get leveled. We won't have anywhere left to hide." Erwin explained the situation, while Adobe rested his head in my arms.