ʟɪᴋᴇ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40

I felt my eyes open to see my friends through my blurred vision.

"Shhhh! She's actually sleeping!" I heard Eren's voice as I realized my head was resting on Levi's shoulder, hearing the sounds of a wagon fade out of my hearing.

-

I woke up in a panic, and immediately locked eyes with Levi. He reached out his hand in an attempt to calm me down, and I looked over to see Eren, Mikasa, and Armin along with Jean just entering the room. This room was familiar.. it was my dorm room.

"It's okay Lilly." Eren gave a smile as the others looked at me with concerned faces.

I was still in panic mode, and all of the sudden pain rushed throughout my body. My fingers, my back, my face.

"She's hurting." Levi said as he saw me wince. "Where's the water at?" He looked around and Jean came in with a glass of water, and handed it to me. I chugged it down and Armin took my glass.

"How are you feeling?" Armin asked.

"I'm fine." My voice shook.

"She's going to need a few days rest to even think about bringing her on the expedition to retake Wall Maria." Levi looked around as everyone nodded.

"Are they gone?" I looked over at Levi.

"They're gone. It's over now, you'll never have to worry about it again." He assured me. I felt my eyelids get heavy, and I blacked out again.

I woke up to a dark room, with moonlight shining through my window. I felt weight on the other side of the mattress, and I glanced to the inside of the bed to see Levi laying down, staring at the ceiling.

"What are you doing in here?" I looked over at him.
"Making sure you're alright. No one else is up at these hours, so who else will watch you." He explained as he kept staring at the ceiling.
"I usually don't sleep, but I blacked out earlier." I sighed.
"Hange put something in that water to help you sleep because Eren mentioned you don't get much sleep and wouldn't take that voluntarily." Levi explained and turned his head to make eye contact with me.

"Also, I just want you to know if you ever need to talk I'm here anytime." Levi kept eye contact with me as I stayed silent, and glanced at the ceiling.

"You can't keep all of those feelings to yourself, Lilly. A lot has happened, and you've gone through a lot." He added, and I scoffed.

"That's what you do all the time, what makes it so different." I shook my head.

"I just want you to know I'm here to talk. It's healthy to talk about those things. Especially when something as traumatic as that happens to you, there's no way you're not thinking about it." Levi explained as I lifted my wrists to look at the burnt skin.

"Don't worry about the injuries, Hange said the scars will be minimal because of how quickly you heal." Levi added.

After a few moments of silence, Levi and I made eye contact.

For what felt like an eternity of looking into each others eyes, I spoke.

"I feel a... strange emotion towards you. Is it... love?"

(Start flashback)
"Sasha... what is love?" I looked over to her as she was munching on her dinner, and she took a deep breath.

"Well, love can be felt towards anyone, your friends, your family, and a special person! If you're talking about love love, then it's hard to explain the feeling. It's like... well, I guess you just know, you know? You know they're the one." Sasha explained, taking another bite out of her food.
(End flashback)

"Maybe... maybe it is, because I feel the same way towards you as well. It's hard to describe." Levi looked over through the window, with the moonlight pouring into the room, providing light.

-

Historia was crowned as Queen, and everyone approved. Our plan turned out successful.

"Hold on, you're seriously doing it, Historia?" Eren questioned as me, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha, and Jean walked together.
"Yeah! I am!" Historia nodded.
"Mikasa was only joking about it! Right Mikasa?" Eren glanced over.

"After you smack him, tell him this, "I dare you to hit me back." Mikasa looked at Historia.

"We're screwed.." Eren muttered.

"If it's not a real grudge, then just forget about it!" Eren looked at Historia.
"If I can't do this, how can I call myself Queen?" Historia looked over at Eren.
"Hell yeah, Historia! That's the spirit!" Jean smirked, and I saw Captain standing in the side of the hall.

"Hey. Lilly. What are you doing out of bed?" Levi approached us, and I watched as Historia gathered her courage.

She took a few big steps towards Levi and threw and undercut at him as he turned so it hit his side.

"WOAH!!!" Everyone shouted, in shock as Mikasa had a huge smirk on her face.

"How'd you like that!? I'm the Queen! If you got a problem--" Historia began to speak, but stopped as she noticed Levi smile.

"Thank you... all of you." Levi looked at us.

a/n: they finally confessed to each other! after three whole seasons, geez. please let me know what you guys think, feedback is appreciated. hope you all are doing well and thank you for reading this far. :)