ʙʏꜱᴛᴀɴᴅᴇʀ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41

"Hey! You wait right there!" Historia shouted as she ran after the kids.

"Isn't this..." Jean questioned.
"Yeah, not quite the Queen I was expecting." Armin continued Jean's sentence.
"And it's only been two months since she's been crowned. Seems like she's better suited to run an orphanage." Jean watched her scold the kids.

"Do you know what the people are calling her? The Cattle-Farming Goddess. In a good way, of course." I added.

"So we've finally got a goddess among us. At this point, no one will remember the chump who plugged up Trost, yeah?" Jean teased Eren.

"One of the reasons Historia decided to become Queen was to do all this." Eren said.

"This, meaning?" Armin glanced over at Eren.

"Taking care of the orphans and needy from the underground to the edge of the walls. Since he was raised underground, Captain supported her too. When people need help, she said she'll come to their rescue, no matter who or where. That's what Historia wants to do." Eren explained.

"Oh? You're all slacking again! Ah, besides Lilly! She's supposed to be in bed... it's getting dark, you know!" Historia put her hands on her hips.

"She's becoming more and more like my mother." Jean sighed as he carried some sacks of crops.
"Some goddess..." Armin scoffed.

"Oh! A direct hit in the nape!" Hange exclaimed as we watched the new design to kill Titans roaming on the wall. The Titan began to steam, it's dead.

"We did it! A 12-meter, crushed!" Hange raised her fist in the air in celebration. "Hell yeah! With this, we can kill Titans without a single soldier fighting!" Hange smiled. "We did it, Eren--" Hange continued but looked down at Eren who's nose was bleeding, and Captain handed him a cloth he had in his jacket.

"Eren?" Hange looked concerned.
"Looks like he overused his Titan powers. All he's done is hardening experiments lately." I said.

"Sorry, Eren." Hange looked down at Eren.

"There's nothing to apologize for, Hange. Who gives a damn if I'm tired? Let's hurry, get the weapons, and get going to Shiganshina." Eren wiped the final bit of blood left on his nose.

-

"We can win! We can beat them! With the new weapons, the Titans will crumble like paper!" Marlo exclaimed.

"You're so damn worked up. Only you would be happy about becoming a Scout." Jean sighed.
"That's right! Didn't Hitch try to stop you from joining?" Sasha asked.

"Hitch? Why would she?" 

"Why? Cuz you two are... you know." Sasha and Connie smirked.

"I don't follow, but Hitch told me off saying I wasn't cut out for it and to not act cool. That if I stayed in the MP, I could coast along in life. I thought she was better than that... told her I was wrong about her." Marlo explained.

"You shit..." Jean sighed.

"Marlo, are you stupid?" Connie asked.

"He's a bowl cut imbecile." Sasha sighed.

"Why? Marlo said nothing wrong." Eren was confused.

"Anyways, the only ones as worked up as you are the recruits with zero battle experience." Jean said.

"Hey, hey, you think you're some veteran hero now?" Floch mocked Jean.
"Compared to you, I am." Jean kept his eyes forward.

"How rude. Weren't we in the 104th together? Besides, we're not the only ones. Everyone in the walls is pumped up about the idea of retaking Wall Maria." Floch stood up and explained.

"Is that so?" Jean rolled his eyes.

"Still, you all seem so different now. It's your faces, I guess. What... exactly happened?" Floch questioned.

"You wanna know?" I asked as we all held intimidating faces.

"No... I think... I'll ask later." Floch nervously walked away.

"I'm out of here, see you all soon." Connie began to stand up.
"Huh? So soon?" Sasha questioned.
"Tomorrow's prep day, so I'm heading to my village in the morning. Might find out something new there." Connie smiled.

"Turning Connie's mom back to normal isn't impossible... right?" Sasha asked.
"Yeah... if our understanding of Titans keeps improving, someday..." Armin nodded.

"With all that's happened, it's been so vague. But who exactly are we fighting against? That is... are Titans just... people being tormented by some nightmare? For a time.. I was one of those Titans." Eren began to think.

"Eren." Mikasa looked at him. "You still have bread and soup left. Save talking for after you've eaten."

"Right, sorry Mikasa." Eren looked down.

"Ugh, Eren, I swear that's all you've been doing lately... mumbling shit to yourself, when you should be trying to remember that one guy. You saw right? In that cavern when the memories came back. That guy in the Scouts who you think met your dad." Jean rested his head on his wrist.

"Yeah... that day, I'm pretty sure he was with my dad. He's gotta know something. The thing is, though, I feel like I've met that guy somewhere. 

"You mean not Dr. Jaeger, but you, yourself?" I confirmed.

"I think so..." Eren held his head.

"Smack your head and see if you can remember." Sasha suggested. 

"...Huh.." Eren said after a few moments of silence, and then slammed his hands on the table. "The Cadet Corps Commandment... Keith Shadis!" Eren recalled.

-

"Before Erwin, he was the 12th commander of the Scout Regiment. It's been a long while since I've seen him." Hange explained on our ride over.

-

"Commandment Sadies." Eren approached Sadies, holding a salute. 

-

"What's wrong, Bruas? Not sitting?" Sadies looked over at Sasha.
"No! I am quite fine standing here!" Sasha didn't make eye contact. 

"If I recall... back in the day I used to call you in here to chew you out. And it's only been a handful of months. I hardly recognize you all anymore."

"Commander Shadis, rather... Commandment, with preparations to retake Wall Maria underway, perhaps you can guess what brings us here today." Hange looked over at Shadis.

"Eren. You resemble your mother so much. However, the fangs lurking deep in your eyes are surely not your father's." Shadis looked over at Eren.

"Tell me everything about him! Everything you know!" Eren stood up.

-