ꜰᴏʀ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴɪᴛʏ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

*Play Titan 9*

"Hey, mop-top!" Shadis approached Armin

"Sir!" Armin quickly saluted.
"What do they call you, maggot?" Shadis asked.

"Armin Artlet from Shiganshina, sir!" He quickly responded.
"Wow, seriously? Why would your parents curse you with such a name?" Shadis insulted him, and I started to clench my fist.

"It was my grandfather's, sir!" Armin politely replied.
"Cadet Artlet! Why is a runt like you here?" Shadis asked.
"To help humanity overcome the Titans!" He shouted back.
"That's delightful to hear! You're going to be a great light snack for 'em! Row three, about face, runt!" Shadis turned him around.

I watched Shadis walk over to a blonde kid. I don't quite understand why everyone is so intimidated by Shadis.

"Sir. My name is Thomas Wagner, I'm from the Trost District!" Thomas quietly responded.
"I can't hear you!" Shadis yelled at him.
"I'm from Trost, sir, my name is Thomas." Thomas spoke up.
"Shut up! No one cares! Next!" Shadis shouted and walked to the next victim.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"Is a pathetic worm like you the best Karaness has to offer?" Shadis asked a black haired girl with two ponytails on her shoulders.

"Sir! I'm afraid that's the case, sir!" 

What's the point of all of the intimidation... There are some he's passing by.

"What do we have over here?!" Shadis asked a boy with a brown undercut and lighter hair at the top.
"Jean Kirschtein, sir. From the Trost District!" Jean responded.
"And why are you here, cadet?" Shadis asked.
"To join the Military Police, sir. The best of the best." Jean held a cocky smirk.

"That's nice, you want to live in the interior, do you?" Shadis scoffed.
"Yes." Jean calmly responded, but dropped to the ground when Shadis slammed his head into Kirschtein's.

"No one told you to sit, recruit! If you can't handle this, then forget about joining the Military Police!" Shadis shouted, and moved on to the next person.

"What is wrong with your face, you smiling idiot!" Shadis shouted at a freckled boy.
"Marco Bodt at your service, sir, from Jinae. South side of Wall Rose. I am to join the Military Police and give life and limb in service to the king!" Marco explained, and held a nervous smile.

"Well, then. That makes you an idealistic fool. And a rube. You want the truth? The only use the king has for your life and limbs are as Titan fodder." Shadis told Marco.

"Hey, que-ball. You're up next!" Shadis approached a boy with shaved gray hair.
"Oh, me? Sir! Conny Springer, from Ragako village, sir!" Conny saluted, but was suddenly picked up by the head.

"You have it backwards, Conny Springer. That was the first thing you were taught. This salute represents the resolve in your heart to fight those bent on the systematic destruction of our people! Is your heart on the right side?" Shadis shouted at poor Conny, but I noticed a girl with hair about my color, munching on a potato.

Shadis stopped what he was doing and drew all attention to Sasha, and everyone looked at her in shock as she continued to casually chew the potato. Shadis dropped Conny, and stomped over to the girl.

"Hey, you there. What do you think you're doing?" Shadis looked over at the girl, shocked.

"You are officially on my shit list! Just who in the world are you!?" Shadis practically screamed into her face.

She swallowed some of the potato she was chewing on and did a salute, still holding the potato.

"Sasha Braus from Dauper Village, at your service, sir. Reporting for duty, sir!" Sasha calmly said.
"Sasha Braus, huh? And what is that you're clutching in your right hand?" Shadis asked.
"A steamed potato! It sat there in the mess hall begging to be eaten, sir!" She explained herself.
"The theft I understand. But here. Why eat it here, of all places?" Shadis calmly asked Sasha, looking down at her.

"It looked quite delicious. And it was getting cold. So I gave it shelter in my stomach, sir." She simply stated.
"Why? I can't comprehend. Why would you eat that potato?" Shadis asked once more.
"Are you asking me why people eat potatoes, sir? I'm surprised you don't know, sir." She looked up to him, and I widened my eyes a bit.

There was a brief moment of silence until Sasha broke the potato in half, and handed it to Shadis.

"Tch... here, sir. Have half." She confidently handed the half potato to Shadis.

"Have half? Really?" He took it, and held it in his hand.