ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14

*Play Shingeki St - Hrn - Egt 20130628 Kyojin*

The Scouts were clustered together in a big group, and we were riding through an abandoned city that was inside of Wall Maria

The Scouts were clustered together in a big group, and we were riding through an abandoned city that was inside of Wall Maria. I noticed Hanji look to her right, she must have spotted a Titan.

"Ten meter Titan ahead! Approaching from the left!" She said, and mumbled out something else. She was probably curious about it. 

Hanji's horse was named Noki, a tall dark brown Shire horse with a stripe of white on his face and white stockings on his legs.

The support squad went in, and circled around the Titan. He dodged the Titan trying to grab him, and went to maneuver around to cut the nape, except it was not deep enough of a cut to finish it off. We quickly passed by and I lost sight of what was going on behind us.

"Forward! Forward!" A commander yelled.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"The support squad will only cover us once we're through the city. Everything beyond that is completely Titan territory. From then on, we'll have to rely on Commander Erwin's long range scouting formation. Our special operations squad will be located here," Gunther began to explain the plan for the expedition the next day, and pointed onto the paper.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

Once we exited the city, I saw Commander Erwin's hand shoot out from his side, signaling to start forming the formation.

"Assume long range scouting formation!" Commander Erwin shouted, and everyone said their quick goodbyes and went to their formations. The special ops squad was in the middle of the formation.

I suddenly saw a red flare in the distance, signaling there was a Titan.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"The soldiers in the front row spotting squad will encounter most of the Titans. As soon as they spot a Titan, they'll fire a red smoke signal. Soldiers who then see this signal will then signal others the same way. Once the Commander has learned of the Titans position, he'll fire a green signal and re-route the entire platoon around it. This will allow the platoon to proceed toward it's destination while completely avoiding the Titans. However, as the terrain and other obstacles could delay their detection, we may encounter Titans inside of the formation." Section Commander Ness explained as we sat in our seats.

"Keep in mind, this strategy will only work with "Normals." Titans with predictable behavior. Only when dealing with unpredictable abnormals is combat necessary!" He added.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"Oulo. You fire it." Captain commanded Oulo, and he went on to fire a green smoke signal.

I glanced over to Eren and his horse, Lucky, who has blue eyes with almost a peach-brown coat and a white stripe on his face. I noticed Eren was focused on something, and he was growing nervous.

"Hey, Eren, don't overthink things." I said, continuing to look into the distance.
"Right..." He looked down at Lucky's black mane.

"Reporting, sir! It's an oral message! Right wing spotters decimated! Detection network partially out! Please pass this message onto the left!" Another Scout approached us and alerted us, and Captain looked to Petra.

"You heard him, Petra. Go." Captain ordered.
"Yes, sir!" Petra then galloped off.

Isn't the right wing where Armin is? Still, the Titans couldn't have broken that far in...

I looked to my right to see black smoke signals. An abnormal. 

"An abnormal?!" Eren questioned.

"Lilly. You fire it." I heard Captain, and I reached into my saddle bag. I grabbed the black labeled flare, and took it out of the saddle bag. I raised my hand that was holding it into the air, and held my ears shut. I pulled the trigger, and it shot out the black smoke.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

*Play Conflict*

We were riding inside of the forest, with tall trees that were blocking the sunlight.

"Captain? Captain Levi!" Eren shouted.
"What?" Captain sighed.

"'What?' This is a forest, sir! We have no way of detecting Titans approaching this far in with only center rank! Something seems to be on our right, too. How are we supposed to avoid the Titans or protect the wagons now?!" Eren asked.

"Quit whining about the obvious. We can't do any of those things anymore." Captain gave a vague explanation.
"B-But why?" Eren asked.
"Take a good look around, Eren. You see all these absurdly large trees? This is perfect environment for using omni-directional mobility gear. And use that middling head of yours to think. Use your brain for once if you don't want to die." Captain scoffed.
"Yes, sir!" Eren said, nervously.

I looked around the formation to see that everyone held a nervous facial expression, and I looked back forward. They must not know what we're doing here either. 

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

"A black smoke signal? From behind us?!" Eren shouted once I turned around to see a black flare in the small area of light.
"Must be whatever is on the right!" Eld looked back.

"Draw your swords. If it shows itself, we'll only have a moment." Captain said, and I furrowed my eyebrows. I went down to grab my sword, but I saw something in my paraphernal vision behind me, and looked back to see what must have been the support squad quickly coming back from a tree, facing towards something.

As I was holding the handle to my blade, the Scout proceeded to come backwards towards us, and a Titan appeared and ran right for the Scout. It simply smacked the Scout out of the way, and continued to run towards us. I felt my eyes widen and I quickly pulled out both of my blades.

"Move!" Captain shouted as everyone else began to realize what was happening.

Suddenly, the female Titan ran towards us from the side, and carefully leaped over us, making eye-contact with Eren and I as we looked up. The tree that she went through fell behind us, and she swiftly came towards us at full speed. I looked back ahead, staring at Adobe's mane.

"It's fast!" Eren said.
"There's no way to avoid it in this forest!" Gunther yelled.
"Captain! Let's switch to ODM! Captain!" Petra frantically shouted.

"Reinforcements from the rear!" I heard Petra yell, and I turned around, to see two of them.

One of them went to shoot their ODM gear to it's neck, but it simply dodged, and grabbed him by the wire and smashed him into a tree. She then went towards the other one and grabbed him, throwing him to the side. I then looked back forward.

It was only meters away from us, and getting closer by the second.

"Captain! Give us your orders!" Petra pratically screamed.
"Let's take it out! It's dangerous!" Oulo said.
"I'll rip it to shreds!" Eld gripped his handle.

"Captain!"
"Please give us orders!"
"It's catching up to us!"
"Let's take it out here! That's why we entered the forest, right Captain?"
"Captain! Your orders!"

"Everyone, cover your ears." Captain looked back at us and I did so, covering my ears as the black flare signal rang in my ears.

*Outro - Kiss of Death*