ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɴ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31

Armin, Sasha, and Jean walked into the cabin everyone was cleaning

"Hey! Did you guys wipe the dust and dirt off your shoes before you came in?" Eren frantically asked Jean.
"Say what? No, we didn't. Can't you see all the stuff we're carrying?" Jean set down a bag on the crates in front of him.
"Do you seriously think that attitude will satisfy Captain Levi? If I hadn't personally given you your sheets hospital corners this morning--" Eren lectured Jean for a brief moment.
"Quit nagging! Who do you think you are, my mom?!" Jean shouted at Eren while Historia and Mikasa came in from the door.

"We're back." Mikasa walked in.

I walked out of the hall into the center of the house where everyone was.

"Wait, what are you doing up?" Armin lifted his hand up a bit as everyone noticed me.
"I need to move around." I simply replied.
"Your legs were crushed! You should be in bed." Armin looked at me, worried.
"I try to stop her, but she won't listen. I saw her doing sit-ups earlier!" Eren sighed as Armin worriedly watched me walk to the table while Sasha handed me a bread loaf.

"How dare you, peeping Tom!" Jean shouted at Eren.
"Huh? How does that constitute peeping?!" Eren asked Jean.
"Lilly, you do know you're not a wild animal right?" Armin followed me as I took a bite of the bread.

"It's almost like we're back at Cadet Corps." Sasha smiled as she kept digging into the sack of bread.
"Yeah. Why do you figure we were chosen for the new Levi Squad, though? Protecting Eren and Historia is such an important mission..." Armin stared off into space.
"Because we're talented I guess." Sasha said, but Armin noticed her stuff something into her satchel.
"Sasha... what did you just put into your bag?" Armin looked disappointed.
"Nothing bread related..." Sasha quietly said.

"Why, you..." Jean walked over to Sasha.
"Give it back." Conny had his hand on his hip.
"Hey, focus! We gotta finish cleaning before the captain gets back!" Eren sighed and I noticed Levi walk in.

"Put back the bread." Jean sighed.
"What is this commotion about?" Captain quietly walked in as no one noticed him.
"How many times have you done this now?" Conny asked.
"Our food reserves are precious!" Armin looked at Sasha and held up the loaf of bread she took.
"Cut the crap, potato girl!" Jean yelled, but then they all noticed Captain Levi walk in and touch the bottom of a table.

He held up his hand with dust on it, and gave us all a look.

"I'm quite sure I gave you enough time." Captain glared at us as Eren put his hand on his head and I finished my last bite of the loaf of bread.
"Anyways... we'll discuss your lax cleaning job another time. Lilly. What are you doing out of bed for the 80th time." Captain Levi looked at me as he cleaned his hand off with a rag.
"I tried to stop her! She just won't listen." Eren pinched the bridge of his nose.
"Eren said he saw her doing sit-ups earlier." Jean scoffed and Eren looked at Jean, confused.
"You hypocrite!" Eren yelled at Jean.

"Eren." Levi stopped them from bickering.

"Hange is itching to get the experiment started." Captain looked at Eren.
"Right." Eren sighed.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"What's wrong, Eren! Get up! The future of humanity is riding on you! Get up!" Hange screamed at Eren as we were overlooking the experiment from a nearby cliff.
"Hey, four-eyes. He's not quite the same this time. He's not even 10 meters, and some of his body doesn't have muscle." Captain examined Eren's dissolving Titan form.
"I can see that! Eren! Can you still move? Give us a signal or something!" Hange sighed as we watched Mikasa go and help Eren.

"Hey. That gloomy brat is acting on her own again. Time to think up a punishment?" Captain watched Mikasa while he noticed me give him a look.
"No. There's no signal... we're done here!" Hange shouted and used her ODM gear to go help Eren as Moblit followed her.

Captain and I watched Hange pull Eren out of the nape and Mikasa cut the skin off.

"Looks like we've got a long road ahead before we can use the Titan hardening ability to seal the wall." Captain looked back at Armin.
"Yes... I knew we'd be grasping at straws from the start." Armin agreed.
"Strategically, it's not a bad plan. Instead of lugging tons of supplies, all we need to do is get Eren there. Whether or not we're grasping at straws... it all depends on Eren." Captain Levi looked back at the action.

"You ride in the same wagon as Eren. I'm headed for Trost District with Hange's group. Lilly, you come with me." Captain looked at Historia.
"Okay." Historia said as I nodded.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙