ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜᴇ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28 (ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1)

I saw a red flare fire up in the distance, seeing a Titan

I saw a red flare fire up in the distance, seeing a Titan. More red flares went off, and we continued to go straight forward. If we tried to maneuver around the Titans, we wouldn't make it to Eren in time.

"Mikasa. Hey, Mikasa. Mikasa!" Hannes tried to get Mikasa's attention, and she finally turned around to look at him.

"Stop pushing your horse so hard. You're drifting near the vanguard. It'll ruin the whole formation. I know how you feel, but... didn't I tell you? Eren won't get taken away without putting up a fight. Don't you agree? You know he'll never give up. So it's up to us to stay calm and be there when he needs us. Just like we did back then." Hannes calmed Mikasa down a bit, and she grasped onto her scarf with one of her hands.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

More red flares went up in the distance. We were surrounded, but there was no signal to take a detour. We were entering the forest, and there were dozens of Titans in front of us. I noticed a familiar boom, a Titan transformed.

"Straight ahead in the forest! I saw a light! It's the light that appears when a Titan transforms!" Armin announced.
"Then we're just in time. Soldiers, disperse! We believe the enemy has already transformed! Locate Eren and recover him! Battle is not our objective! Prioritize recovery, and retreat!" Commander shouted.

"Phil, take our horses with you. Lilly and I will split up together." Captain Levi said and I gave my horse a quick pat as we stood on our horses for a brief moment as they were galloping, and I pressed the trigger and I watched as my grapple hooks landed onto a nearby tree and propelled me up into the air, as Captain did the same, and we left the others.

As we were moving further into the forest, I heard a Titan scream. It wasn't a familiar Titan, but it was a Titan for sure.

"It came from ahead. Keep going." Captain stared straight ahead as I nodded.

As I just barely noticed what was happening ahead through the leaves, a group of people were crowded among Ymir's Titan and I noticed Historia heading straight for Ymir. Ymir suddenly leaped off of the tree, and Historia landed in her mouth. Captain and I immediately changed course, and headed straight for Ymir as the others trailed behind us.

"She's fast! We're losing her!" Jean shouted the obvious as Ymir was getting farther ahead.
"Why would Ymir do that?!" Mikasa questioned.
"I can't be the only one who guessed it would turn out this way!" Jean glanced over at me.
"Right. She's clearly hostile to us now." I focused on moving ahead.
"Looks like she's cooperating with Reiner! She lured us right in!" Armin added.

Just as we were making some ground on her, another sudden Titan explosion erupted in front of us, and it was the Armored Titan. We were at the ends of the forest, and Reiner bolted towards the plains outside of the forest. Ymir hopped onto Reiner, and Bertholdt used ODM gear to get on him as well. I noticed Eren on his back, unconscious.

"What are you guys doing stopped here? Call your horses!" Captain commanded as Hannes came up behind us.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

We all ran ahead full speed out of the forest on horseback.

"I'm getting him back no matter what! Even if it means trading my life for it!" Hannes shouted, while everyone held a very determined facial expression.