ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ... ᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ? » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30

I emotionlessly looked up at the Titan that was slowly but surely making it's way to us

I emotionlessly looked up at the Titan that was slowly but surely making it's way to us. My ears were ringing with a high pitched noise.

"Wh- Where is Eren.. and Mikasa- and Armin?" I looked up at Captain Levi.
"You're really worrying about them right now?" Captain clenched onto his blades and glanced down at me.
"They're the only thing I care about... if anything ever happens to-"
"We need to worry about the situation we're in right now." Captain Levi sighed and looked up at the Titan ahead of us. He has enough gas, but the trigger to the grapple hook is broken when you press on it.

"Switch out with my ODM gear." I started to take mine off.
"I can try. It's most likely broken, since your horse landed on the bottom half of your body." Captain reminded me.
"Right." I continued taking off my ODM gear.

We switched out our ODM gear, and he tested the trigger. It wouldn't budge.

"Nope. It's not working." He put his hands down while the blades went down with them, pointing towards the ground. The Titan was closer now, and we only have so much time left to figure something out.

"I can't die here. I can't die now. Not after all of this- there's still so much more. I-" I tried to speak, but suddenly my head started pounding and I held the bridge of my nose with my fingers.

"What's wrong?" Captain looked at me.

"Nothing..." I said as I suddenly got flashes. Hannes... then there was flashes of things I wish I'd never figure out right now. The truth that no one knows. The truth that people have been dying for. The truth people dedicated their hearts to. The truth I've been searching for. Aidan... why did he keep this from me. Maybe the rest of this is in the journal. Captain Levi... all of those things he did. All of those things he went through... and me? It doesn't make sense.

"There seems to be a lot going on. I can tell." Captain put his blades back, and sat down next to me as we both stared at our fate approaching us.

"You know, meeting you unlocked a whole new chapter of my life. I figured out things I never would've known if I hadn't met you. Important things. There's so many things ahead of us. Good and bad... but look at us. We're stuck here. We're stuck sitting down, helpless, staring at our fate like our comrades once did." I held my head down.

"Why did you give up?" I picked my head up, and glanced over at Captain.
"There's no use. I can't beat a Titan without ODM gear. It's practically impossible. If we tried to run, it would only chase after us." Captain Levi sighed.

"You know... fate... fate is an evil thing. It can be beautiful, but it's evil. My brother met his fate because of Bertholdt and Reiner. My parents... they met their fate because of me. I killed them without hesitation. I killed them mercilessly. But they never would've changed. They deserved it." I looked back at the ground. An unfamiliar feeling came over my body, and I felt my face doing something. Something odd. Something foreign.