ᴋᴇɴɴʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴘᴘᴇʀ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32

"Kenny!" Levi angrily screamed, ripping out his blades

"Kenny!" Levi angrily screamed, ripping out his blades. He then threw one of them at Kenny, but he knocked it out of the way. As Kenny went to aim for the both of us again, we threw off our rain jackets to throw off Kenny's aim. Two gun shots went off, and we dodged them both.

"We need to split up. Meet me at the bar on the other side of town!" Levi looked around as he crouched onto the roof top. He went and slid off of the roof as I slid off of the other side.

As I went off of the side of the building into the slim alley, I pressed down on the trigger to grapple onto the building in front of me. It propelled me forward and I turned to my left, doing a flip as I used more gas. While I turned the next corner, 3 of Kenny's men came out of no where.

I pulled the trigger and my grapple hooks went backwards, into the ground, pulling me back with them. They all shot at me, but each person missed. I went back pretty far, and just as I was about to hit the ground I pulled the trigger, and my grapple hooks connected onto a nearby building.

Then the shots became non-stop, and they kept coming. I had to get out of here and get to the bar, quick. I thankfully turned the corner into the next alley through a food market. I looked behind me and there they were, on my tail.

I could try to take them out, but the thing is, they're quick and they have guns. It's too risky.

The food market was clear, with no one at the concession stands. I went right through each concession stand feet first, as bullets blew through the fabric that was covering the tops of the concession stands. As I reached the end of the food market, there were stacks of boxes ahead of me. As I was coming towards them feet first, I gently landed on them and ran up them, going right into the air as my grapple hooks shot onto a tower up ahead of me.

It propelled me high in the air, and I got sight of the bar. I was close. Halfway there at least.

I went back down into the alley below me, and continued to dodge bullets as I used my momentum to run on each sides of the alleyway. I jumped back first onto the other side of the alley, and I noticed more crates. I used my hands to do a quick hand stand movement onto them, and lifted myself back into the air as the shots got even more accurate and closer to my skin. I fell backwards, right towards the ground and I squeezed the trigger as my grapple hooks picked me back up. As they propelled me, I felt a bullet skim my right arm.

The longer I'm out in the open, the more accurate they'll get.

There was a turn in the alley ahead of me and I landed feet first on the wall in front of me and squeezed the triggers as I noticed the bar Levi was talking about just ahead.

There were even more of Kenny's men packed up over here, so hopefully none of them will shoot me. I moved my position to feet first, as my grapple hooks propelled me straight into the bar. I held a pencil like figure and used my hands to cover my face, and I suddenly landed sideways onto the bar table as I finally got inside. I noticed Levi touch blood that was dripping on the other side of his face.

"You made it." He looked over at me as I nodded, and glanced over at the wound on my arm.

"I smell two filthy rats coming from this bar. Come out, you little rodents..." I heard Kenny's voice outside, approaching us. I quickly jumped over the counter onto the other side of the bar.

"Found ya!" Kenny jumped inside of the bar. "The law has come to exterminate the vermin! Bang, bang!" Kenny stomped around.

"Didn't I ever tell you what happens to a cornered rat? No matter which way you try to run, you'll get blasted from above. We found something we wanted to do. It's that simple. It's simple, but the truth is... the only thing that made our lives fulfilling was finding hobbies." I heard Kenny behind us.

"Hobbies? So blowing the heads off of my team another hobby of yours?" Levi asked as I turned a alcohol bottle around, so it was reflecting on Kenny.

"Yup. To achieve my grand goals, I'll kill as much as I have to. You're no different. You kill when it benefits you, too." Kenny took more steps closer to us.

"Yeah..." Levi sounded annoyed as I, in the light of speed, brought the rifle that the bar owner handed us over my head onto the table and shot it. I heard the bullet make impact with an object, but it wasn't Kenny.

"Thanks, old man." I handed the bar owner the rifle back.

"Let's split up again. Finding Eren and Historia is top priority right now." Captain Levi quickly said, and went feet first into the window as I did the same on the opposite side. We brought chairs with us, to block us to ensure we aren't the ones being blown to pieces. I threw the chair up in front of me, and my grapple hook connected onto a near-by rooftop where more of Kenny's squad were surrounding us.

There were four of them, each of them in a group of two. I landed onto the roof top as they continued to shoot at me but kept missing, and in the speed of light sliced two in a row. The other two in front of me hesitated to shoot for a second, and as they did, I cut them in a row as well, as my grapple hooks connected onto a building up ahead.

I went the opposite way of Captain, and I'm almost positive he went the way that Eren and Historia were in the wagon. I have to take a detour. My grapple hook shot out backwards, and as they connected onto something I propelled back first as well. I turned around and let my grapple hooks lose for a second only to squeeze the trigger and connect them onto a tower up ahead that led to a main intersection.

As I swung up ahead, I could see the wagon up in the distance. Eren and Historia must've been unconscious, and I could see some of the others. As I went back down, I swung over several buildings and made it to where the wagon was.

I noticed Armin was controlling the wagon, and Jean was pinned down with someone from Kenny's squad aiming a gun at him. I readied my blades and my grapple hooks connected to the lower part of a building up ahead, and I used more gas to speed up. I sliced through the woman who was going to kill Jean, and I flew right over the wagon and landed on the ground, catching my breath as the wagon went full speed ahead. I noticed three more of Kenny's men appear, going for Armin and Jean.

I won't make it.

I noticed Levi and Sasha, and they both went for Armin and Jean. As the people from Kenny's squad shot, Sasha caught Jean and Levi caught Armin, moving them out of the way of the gun shot. Kenny's men then got into the wagon and left the entrance with the wagon. More of his men came up behind them, and that was it. Just like that. They're gone.

I was about to go after them but I heard Captain behind me.

"Don't do it! Fall back!" He shouted, and I turned around to see him holding back Mikasa.

I dropped to the ground by my knees, dropping my now blood stained blades as I heard the screams of Mikasa calling out Eren's name.