ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ » ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

*Play Warm Up*

I opened my eyes and immediately squinted them from the blinding sun

I opened my eyes and immediately squinted them from the blinding sun. I finally fell asleep at around five in the morning, and woke up at seven, which is now. I sit up, and hear my parents talking to each other.

"If she's training to be an assasin, she needs to be as good as one of us! Right now, that progress isn't happening. Fix it." I heard my mother yell at my father in the distance.
"That's what I'm trying to do. She needs to work harder and train harder, or else she wont make anymore good progress. I don't think bringing her on the next job is happening." My father replied.
"Speaking of training, since we need to have her put in more time, go start now." My mother said and I heard footsteps nearing my room. I quickly looked around in my room, and saw the window.

I quickly yet silently slid it open and snuck out of it, and closed it, making a run for it to a nearby alley. I do this pretty frequently, and the result isn't pretty. Although it's worth it. I usually avoid the market and really any public places, because of the comments I receive. I put my hands in my baggy jeans pockets, and keep my head down low as I walk through the alley with few homeless people sitting around. I look at an elderly homeless woman, and feel something in my pocket. I pull it out, revealing about a dollar in change.

As I approach the woman I carefully hand her the change, and she gives a sincere smile. I nod and start to walk off, but feel her grab my wrist and I look back at her. 

"What holds you back is not what you are, it's what you think you aren't." She said, and quickly handed me a small bag with something in it. I nodded and walked off, and opened the bag.

Meat? She gave me a few slices of meat. Meat is really rare now, only the rich can afford. I've only tried pork when I was younger, which my brother snuck to me. I put the bag in my satchel hanging on my side and put my hands in my pocket and continued to walk.

I sensed that someone was following me, and they had been for a while. I sighed and looked at the corner coming up ahead. I can sabotage them from there, and ask them what they want from me.

As I turn the corner, I quickly take cover behind it. I hear light footsteps approaching and they get closer and closer. I see a figure turning the corner, and I quickly slam them to the ground, holding them by their shirt. This person doesn't look threatening at all... they're my age. Isn't this the same boy I saw yesterday?

"Why were you following me?" I calmly asked him as I loosened my grip on his shirt.
"You never go around any other kids, I just wanted to see what you do.." He looked to the side.

"Can you let go of me now?" He scoffed, and I let go of his shirt, while his back slammed to the ground.
"Ow..." He rubbed his back.
"Do you need something? You should really stop following me. It's dangerous." I dusted off my pants.

"What's your name?" He asked me, sitting up.
"Lilly. Just Lilly." I said, and put my hand out to help him up.
"I'm Eren Jaeger." He smiled, and took my hand to stand up.

"What did you give the lady back there?" He asked me.
"Just some change." I simply replied.

"So, do you want to go play?" Eren asked me, breaking the silence.
"Play?" I looked at him, confused.
"Like, to do a fun activity with people." He explained.
"I want to." I looked at him.
"Okay, let's go! I can introduce you to Mikasa and Armin!" He smiled, and ran off. I quickly caught up with him, and followed him to wherever he was going.

"They should be here any minute now." He panted as we sat at the bank of the canal. 
"I have to go back to my house soon." I stared at the water.
"Aw. Tomorrow we could meet here in the afternoon maybe?" He looked over at me.
"I can try. If I don't make it, it's because of my parents." I sighed.
"What--"

*Play So Ist Es Emmer* 

"Eren!" A boy with long blonde hair and blue eyes ran up to us and sat on the bank with us. There was also a girl with black hair and pretty grey eyes who was glaring at me.

"Eren, I told you to wait for me. Who is this?" She looked over at me, keeping a glare.
"This is Lilly. Just Lilly. She was the girl I was talking about." Eren explained.
"Nice to meet you Lilly! I'm Armin, and this is Mikasa." Armin smiled and pointed me towards Mikasa. I nodded and looked back at the water.

"Hey, I was wondering, why don't you smile?" Eren asked me.
"What do you mean?" I looked at him, confused.
"I mean this!" He said as he smiled with his mouth.
"Oh, I know what that is. I don't think I've ever done it before." I looked back at the water again.

"Try!" He exclaimed. I picked up my hands to my cheeks and forced a smile on, and they all looked at me confused.
"Never mind! Stop, stop!" Eren laughed as I put my hands back down to my side.
"I should leave now. My parents will be waiting for me." I got up and waved to them as they waved back.

"Don't forget, tomorrow afternoon here!" Eren yelled at me as I sent a thumbs up and put my hands in my pockets.

.。☆*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*☆。.

I've always had difficulty making friends, because my mother and father prohibited them. I remember the friend I made when I was five, I was told their family got into an accident the next week. After that I had tried to approach other children, but they would always run away. I remember one of their parents also told me off. I've never had much luck.

I walked up to our house walkway, taking a deep breath in for what was about to happen. I looked at the sunset, and thought about watching the one last night with Aidan. I sighed and walked up the steps and to the porch, and opened the door.

"Her real--" My father was talking to my mother, but stopped once he saw me enter the house.

"Lilly! Why you--" My mother stood up and looked infuriated at me, and rushed over to me but I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, realizing that my father had sent a kick to me. I crashed into the ground, gasping for air as blood spat out of my mouth.

"Haven't you learnt your lesson yet?! You know what will happen to you each time!" My father yelled at me and sent another kick across my face, and I spat out more blood. I sighed and sat up, dusting off my pants and put my hands back into my pockets as my parents glared at me.

"I'm home--" I heard the door open, and saw Aidan. 
"What did she do now?" He sighed and asked, taking his hands out of his pockets.
"She snuck out of the house again! Missed a whole day of training!" My mother whined.
"She's a kid you know, but I understand." He sighed again, and walked off into his bedroom.

I sighed and walked off to my bedroom as my parents glare burned holes through the back of my head. I plopped onto my bed, and stared at the ceiling. My body was still throbbing in pain, but I can't even focus on the pain.

My father said 'her real' and then was interrupted by me walking in. I wonder what they were talking about. 

*Play Name of Love*