Chapter 2: The Beginning (2)

"Young master, say 'ahhhh~'"

Lucas opened his mouth and gulped down the baby food that Alisa was giving.

'Ughhh.... I hate this taste.....'

He didn't like the porridge since his past life but he still endured the taste and ate obediently. He knew how difficult it was when the babies didn't eat because of his experience in past life. And he still needed nutrients and energy to be stronger faster, too.

'And why are these twins looking every of my move?'

The Evandall twins, Maria and Edwin were gazing at Lucas with sparkling eyes, thinking how could a baby be this cute when eating. They even made a sound like 'kyaaa~' when they noticed that Lucas was looking in their direction.

This was making Lucas a bit awkward since he was not that familiar to being watched like an idol. He then sighed and continued to eat what Alisa was giving him.

'It is already 2 weeks now.....' Lucas thought in disbelief.

It was already 2 weeks since Lucas had come to this world and possessed this baby's body. Life here was comfortable. His family seemed to be pretty rich, by looking at his home width, staff and furniture. The maids were caring and paid full attention to him. His brother and sister also came to see him and played with him every time they got the spare time. It was really certain that he was well-loved.

One thing was that he still didn't know the face of his parents. They didn't even come and look for him, not even once. Lucas even started to think whether they were still alive or not.

'I miss my home....'

It was a thought that Lucas had since the beginning. He knew he was leading a comfortable life here and was filled with love by his siblings and staff but it still couldn't compare to his original home. Was he already dead in his own world? Was his family crying in grief by now? Were they able to eat and sleep well?

These were the questions that Lucas asked many times in his mind. He knew that his own family loved him so much so they would definitely get sad a lot when he died. He just wished that even if he died they would get over with his death and lead a normal life again quickly.

Seeing that Lucas became gloomy suddenly, Alisa and the twins got worried. Lucas was a quiet kid since he was born. He rarely cried or threw a tantrum to the adults. He was obedient, ate well, slept well and didn't enjoy playing that much. He was a strange child. But lately, he became gloomy at some moment, with the eyes that were drifting away in some deep thoughts.

'He didn't like the porridge?' Alisa thought. She instantly knew that was not the case because Lucas became gloomy not just now but from time to time. One night Alisa saw her little young master staring at the night sky through the glass window, with an expression that seemed to be thinking something deeply.

Maria immediately chanted some magic words and as soon as she finished chanting, crystal clear water balls began to appear on her palm. The water balls were moving around her hand and started to circle around Lucas face. It was something that a child would be interested in.

"Look at these, Lucas? Aren't they cute? This sister is starting to learn water magic and I can maintain some basic chants." Maria smiled, trying to gain back Lucas's interest.

Lucas, acknowledging his sister's effort, tried to shift his concentration to the magic that Alisa was showing and finished the eating. He couldn't do anything by now just by thinking such depressing thoughts. He had to acquire knowledge as soon as he could so that he knew what happened to him and if there was any way for him to go back. He also wanted to know how to use the magic in the world like that one that Alisa had shown.