Chapter-32: A Gift for You (2)

"You shouldn't open the doors to strangers, boy."

Lucas was a bit stunned as he looked at the elf who was now floating in the air, looking at him with indifferent expression as if she was lecturing him.

"Should I close it back again?" replying with a nervous chuckle, Lucas held the window pane again. 'Was she using wind magic?' Curiosity rose in Lucas's mind, as he always felt amazed and curious whenever he saw someone using magic.

"What if I do something bad to you?" She continued to ask although she seemed like she didn't want Lucas to close the window again.

'Of course you won't. That's why I am letting you in!' Lucas understood that she was just trying to lecture a child with goodwill who she thought that he didn't know about the world. But he knew that elves were always neutral and loyal. Unless one didn't do any harm to them, they didn't harm the others. But at the same time they were also known for not forgetting their revenge.

"Maybe I will shout for help?" Lucas smiled softly, knowing that the elf who he had saved once would not do anything bad to him. "But I know that you are not a bad one. Why don't you come in?"

As Lucas stepped back for the elf lady to come into the room, she accepted the invitation and stepped in while sighting heavily. "Are you alright now?" She still had that indifferent expression on her face but her voice sounded gentle.

"Yep. It is not that serious." replying with a usual smile, Lucas started to think. 'But I visited the god, though.'

"What about you? Are you fully recovered?"

Lucas remembered that she was brutally tortured but seeing her right now, she looked like she was really energized.

"I am fine. If you didn't heal me on time, I might have died but as you see, I am all fixed. That Walter guy healed me, too." She sat on one of the chairs in the room, with crossed legs, as she put down the bag that she was holding. "Which is why I came to thank you." She added.

"You're welcome. Glad to hear that you are fine."

Looking at the elf, it was pretty obvious that she was ok. It seemed that she also changed her clothes before she came here, as she looked clean and fresh, not like the bloodied and rugged figure that Lucas had seen in the tunnel.

"I am going back to Reblica jungle tonight. So I wanted to know if you have something that you want before I go back because I would like to repay my debt as soon as I can."

'Oh, she must be going back to her home.' Lucas understood that elves didn't like to stay far away from their home, which was the Reblica jungle, the place where most elves inhabited, located between Rudia kingdom and Airis kingdom. But at the same time, he started to wonder what that elf was doing in the Ereck forest since it was a rare case.

"I don't have such wishes, big sister. I am just glad to help you!"

Lucas really didn't have anything he desired at the moment. Maybe some information would do, though he didn't know if the elf would be able to answer. And it would just be fine if he could be friends with the elf, in order that he had some connections, in case he needed the help of elves in the future.

"Really?"

"Really." Lucas nodded.

"What are you doing in the tunnel? Isn't it too young for you to be hunting? You don't seem like you are someone in need of money, either." The elf closely inspected Lucas, thinking for his reason which kind of made Lucas scratch the back of the head in nervousness.

"It's just a small training. Actually, we don't plan to go that far but there is a diveorus and then we got teleported out of nowhere."

Lucas realized that there was a bit of sternness in the elf's face as soon as he mentioned the diverous. 'May be she got teleported by that annoying demon, too?' Lucas thought.