Chapter-7 : What is with this damn God?

'What is this glass....?'

As soon as Lucas gained consciousness, all he could feel was the touch of glass he was lying on. He thought he would be on his fluffy bed again but this feeling proved him wrong. He then opened his eye lids slowly only to be welcome by a strong white brightness.

'Ughhhh... What is this....?'

Lucas tried to adjust his eyesight to the current situation and after a few seconds, when he could see his surroundings clearly, he became doubtful of his eyes. All he could see was he was lying on a layer of glass-like field, and the scenery around him was nothing but a sky with clouds.

'Did I get transported into an anime opening, now?' Lucas cracked a laugh to himself, as he lightened up his mood. Well, he didn't really want to stay in a place without any people and where he could only see the clouds. It would be so lonely.

But his anxious feeling didn't last long.

"Dear child"

Lucas immediately turned back his head when he heard his name being called by a soft gentle voice. What he saw was just a figure of a human, wearing clothing which was kind of similar to what ancient greek gods wore.

"I didn't know that you would be coming to me as soon as the arc started" The man giggled.

"Who are you?" Lucas asked. 'He must be someone who has some relations to my situation.' He inwardly thought and stared at the strange man.

"I am just a god of the world. People from your world knew me as Lucian." He explained.

"Ahh~" was just what Lucas said. So this man was the god Lucian. I never thought that I would meet him.

"So you know what happened to me." Lucas said to Lucian. "I really got transmigrated into a novel?"

Lucas recalled his memories. When he was Arkar, he read so many web novels and manga. He read various types of genres. When he didn't have anything to do, he just opened his phone immediately and started to explore novels to read. It was like his greatest hobby that he truly enjoyed.

There was a novel named "Way Back Home" that he read long long ago. Well, that was not that popular novel among the people and it was just a typical Isekai novel where a Japanese high school student got transported to another world suddenly, prophesied as a hero by the high priest of that world, started his journey to defeat the demon lord and also finding ways to go back to his original home. Lucas didn't really remember each and every inch of the novel but at least he could recognize the plot line.

"It is also a truth but at the same time a fault." The reply of Lucian made Lucas dumbfounded.

"Eh?"

"Well, that novel you read is not a story just written merely for an entertainment purpose. It is a record. The record of what the future holds for this world."

"Woah... There are also cases like this?" Lucas was surprised. 'So people in this world are not just characters but real ones...' He thought.

"So, why did I come into this record?" Lucas asked again.

"Do you remember the end of the story?"

Being asked back by the god, Lucas tried to rethink the plot of the story. Combined with the years he stayed in this world, It was already around 8 years that he had read that so it was really difficult to remember.

"Ah....." Finally Lucas remembered. The protagonist, Ryosuke did defeat the demon lord but his comrades died in the process. At that time he still held the dream of going back home but it was shattered when he was notified by the god that he could not return anymore because returning to his own world would destroy the worlds' balance. And then he went on a rampage and became a villain who would destroy the world.