Chapter-31: A Gift for You (1)

"It is already the second time you are coming here."

As Lucas opened his eyes, Lucas really heard the annoying chuckling voice. He got up from his lying position and looked at his surroundings, noticing that it was a familiar cloudy sky place which he came to three years ago.

"Was my injury that bad?" Lucas murmured, completely ignoring someone who was sitting near him. He just thought that he would just sleep a bit but it seemed that he really did get to some near death situation, judging by this place.

"Why are you ignoring me, dear!?" The chuckling voice was somehow turned into a worried tone immediately and the question went on for a few seconds.

It was only then Lucas decided to answer the annoying god.

"Because you didn't help me." Lucas pouted, thinking that Lucian should at least bless him with some magic that could be used as an offense ability.

"I did boost up your healing magic, though... When you were healing the boy named Carl I guess?"

Lucas decided to not talk to him anymore. He knew he was childish but that didn't stop him from making childish behavior. But then he understood that it was not the time for that.

"Lucian, what is the orb that the demon was talking about? The experiment, too. Do you know what they were up to?"

The annoying chuckling voice became quiet again and Lucas found that it was quite awkward to not see that smiling face on Lucian anymore.

"I think I have a gist of it.........."

"What is it?"

"I am sorry but I can't tell...."

Lucas seriously thought if he could hit Lucian or not as he glared at him. 'You can't tell!? What do you mean by you can't tell!?'

"You know, I have my restrictions, too. I don't have that much of an authority to interfere." Lucian sighed, while gazing at the horizon.

"But you did teleport two people from world to world, though?" Lucas didn't really understand. "And who restricts you? Aren't you a god?"

As Lucas had expected, Lucian didn't answer his question. And so Lucas had decided to ignore him, too. 'Ahhh...... When will I be waking up!?' He just started to count the seconds, making the atmosphere around the two become quiet.

"Ah, I think the time is up." Lucian sighed a bit before that soft smile returned to him again. "I hope that you won't come here again anytime soon."

They were the only words that Lucas could hear before he blacked out again, feeling the sensation of a free-fall.

Lucas felt that he was on something soft and comfy as soon as he regained his consciousness. He tried to open his eyes but unfortunately he couldn't, feeling too sleepy. It was like he was too lazy and too tired to wake up, just wanting to sleep more and the bed he was lying on was telling him to do so.

"It had been many hours but why is he not waking up!?"

"Please don't worry..... He is ok. It's just that he is sleeping because of tiredness."

"Carleton, lower your voice a bit."

'Yes....Seriously,...... you are too loud, man.....' Lucas inwardly thought. He didn't like hearing loud voices at this moment because it was definitely destroying his sleep.

'Wait......many hours? What do you mean by many hours!?'

But then Lucas seriously thought about what had happened and he noticed that it was not the time to be sleeping luxuriously. And he tried his best to open his eyes, only to groan a bit when his eyes were not able to adapt to the sharp light outside.