Chapter-50: To the Guidance (1)

A glimmer of faint green light emerged under the orange rays of sunset which entered through the glass pane of the window.

"Yep, you should be like that."

Looking at the map scroll, which was soon to be complete, Lucas who was grinning as if he was filled with satisfaction, continued to give it mana to it, imagining about the Book of Knowledge. It was just like Tus had said, the map was deprived of mana for a long time so many mana was absorbed when it was first used but now, the rest of the map was soon to be finished with a lower amount of mana than before.

No one but him was in the room since he had told Tus and Eura to go out under the excuse of wanting to take a nap a bit.

Why?

Because he knew exactly that they were going to stop him again if they guessed what Lucas would be doing. Lucas had tried very hard in persuading Eura to give him back that map and he couldn't let her to take it away from him again.

"Come on, you sneaky little book. Show me where you are."

Of course, Lucas was not looking for the book. He was seeking for the owner of the book who would always put this little treasure nearby. The one who was going to give him some guidance in contracting with a familiar spirit.

But at the same time he was not that rushing to give it all at once since it had a risk of absorbing all his mana at one go, making himself recklessly drown in a dangerous situation. Certainly, it would have been not that bad to make a visit to Lucian but would he get enough time for that? He didn't know.

Some time had passed by and he wiped out some sweat coming out from his forehead as he smiled a bit.

To his enjoyment, the map now became full of mana, not accepting Lucas's own mana anymore which meant that it could feature the exact location of the book, with descriptions of the place, without making Lucas pass out from mana depletion.

But because of its mana usage, Lucas was still starting to get the feeling which was similar to anemia but it was at the stage he could completely ignore it, given that it was not so serious for him.

'Damn that curse.... And that stupid timeline, too.....' He inwardly cursed, giving some pity to the fact that all the things he was doing right now could be easily done later when he became a little bit older and had enough mana to spend, if it went on simply like the novel did but now he had to rush a bit.

'Let's just say the work is done earlier.... Haaaaa....'

And then, he looked at the map which once showed the Aurora valley was now shifted to a completely new location. A location he was not that familiar with.

Knock Knock

"Come in."

Lucas put down the map to the table as he gazed at the door since it could have been Edwin who was coming in. But fortunately, it was not.

"Lucas, dinner is ready in 30 min- Wait, what are you doing? Are you sick?"

Eura twitched her eyebrows, looking at sweaty Lucas who also seemed a little bit paler than usual which she thought that Lucas was definitely doing something fishy again.

"Ah, Eura. Nothing special. By the way, where is Tus?"

"Watching over the preparation of dinner as usual, of course. Should I call him over?" Eura had a puzzled look, thinking whether her little master had another mission to give him.

"No, don't!"

He absolutely had no intention to call Tus. Not right now. He didn't want to make the worries triple.