Chapter-49: His Brother (2)

"I really hate you, mister..."

Murmuring by himself, Lucas lazily walked to his room. Even though he tried to stay near the room, that old man drove him away, basically in a very polite manner which kind of irritated Lucas.

"Come on. Lucas. If you want to listen, I will walk around the room and try to listen. I have sharp ears!"

"Eura......"

"What? Don't you want to make Lucas happy?"

"It's not like that..."

Lucas chuckled as he listened to the duo behind him.

"You don't need to do that, Eura. Anton would probably not allow you to be around, too."

He remembered how the whole mansion was covering the whole matter from him. And he thought that it was too extreme to do that.

'Why would they want to keep that matter too much?'

According to Lucas's opinion, Cassius was not someone who would go to that length. He believed that his father was someone who would care for his children but also someone who would make his children learn through practical experience. Not someone to cover a matter too much from Lucas.

Lucas thought probably it was his brother and sister's idea but he was surprised that Cassius allowed them to do so.

'Maybe because I am not the heir?'

It was because Lucas might not need knowledge or experience or so he thought.

"Are you sure, Lucas? We are good at sneaking around, though."

"Really, ok. I already know this and that."

It was really fine. And it was not that he wanted to know information because he got to know the outline of the matter.

'Why did Maria refuse father's proposal....?'

But he got the answer to the question instantly. Knowing Maria, she would probably say that taking care of the citizens was her own duty and she was not a coward to draw back. It was how Maria was. And he also cursed at how his sister could be so stubborn.

Lucas worried that his father would be too extreme at Edwin, though. Cassius was not someone who liked abandoning a particular duty and such which was why, he just wanted to interfere a bit when things got too severe between his father and brother.

'I wish they would cool their heads down for a moment....'

On the topic of Maria coming back to Evandall's mansion, Lucas also agreed with his brother but he couldn't just go in and take the side of Edwin in argument. It would be like adding fuel to fire. And knowing how extreme his brother could go when he was serious, Lucas was anxious. Edwin was someone who didn't even care about the country or his dignity if it was for his family. Lucas didn't really want to recall all the acts that Edwin did, just because of wrath on Ryosuke.

'Big brother might even consider dragging her back to the mansion....' Lucas sighed once again.

"Aren't you returning to your chamber, master?"

Tus realized that the way that Lucas was taking was not leading to his room which was why he reminded him of this, thinking that Lucas might be too lost in his thoughts and made a wrong turn.

"No, I have stayed in the room all day so maybe it will be great to walk around the garden a bit."

"Ah, yes. That's a great idea!"

Both Tus and Eura smiled. Smiled like their curling lips were going to reach to their ears. During these past days, Lucas was looking at the letters, books and writing down things after things. There was one time that made Tus really surprised at how Lucas had invented his own language when he saw Lucas wrote in the characters he had never seen before.