Chapter-37: Reminiscence of the Past (2)

There were some quiet seconds after the prince left, the two people in the cabin just looking at the door.

"Eura, are you alright?" Tus looked at the girl who was in silence.

"It's ok." Eura smiled at Tus as she knew he was really worried for her. "Come. We have things to find, right?" She headed into the inner room of the cabin, knowing Tus would follow her.

As soon as she came inside of the room, Eura carefully touched the wall on the side of the rugged room, trying to find a hidden case. She remembered the place pretty well even though the head showed her this when she was pretty young to satisfy her curiosity.

Click!

Finally finding the thing that she was looking for, she slowly pushed forward but only to have the place where the case was embedded to crumble as it was already in the ruined stage.

'I am really sorry, head!' She recalled how this old man would nag her if she destroyed his property. She really did it a lot in the past, though.

"Found it, Tus!"

Hearing Eura, Tus could see what she had brought out from the case. It was a box which was the size of a normal container for accessories. From the dusty but proper crafted appearance, it could be said that it even looked like an ancient artifact.

Eura opened the box which she could easily do since it had no lock, chuckling a bit at how this old man had low security knowledge. But it was not his fault though as there were no one who were interested in others' properties in her little tribe.

She pulled out the small map scroll featuring the description of the Aurora Valley that she once lived in. And she was glad that the map contained the symbol that Lucas had described in the corner.

"I wonder why Lucas needs it, though." Eura looked here and there but not noticing any noticeable difference from other maps, except the symbol.

"Same here." Tus also looked at the very normal rugged map, not understanding why Lucas wanted this. But it was not his position to pry into further as Lucas might have his own reasons so he didn't try to think more, accepting it like it was normal.

The box also contained another thing which was a necklace where a red crystal was binded by a metal frame.

"Should I bring this back, too?" Eura didn't want to leave it here because she was worried that some other people might see it and take it away. Since it was in the head's possession box, she knew that it was something precious to him.

"You should. I think it's better if you keep it carefully instead of leaving it alone here." Knowing that Eura was reluctant to do so because she wanted things to be the way it was, Tus gave her a little push, thinking that it would be bad if someone else took it instead of Eura, who was the sole person living from the tribe.

Finally, Eura decided to take both, putting them in her bag. Both Tus and Eura were delighted because they had found what they were supposed to bring back, thinking that it would definitely make Lucas happy.

"Tus, is it ok to walk around a bit?" Eura thought she should go back quickly but at the same time she wanted to take a look around her original house and the valley.

Of course, Tus agreed. It was not like they were in a super hurry and they could still be back at Evandall city today's night if they hurried. And like Eura, he also wanted to look around the valley, too.

And so they did. There were still small cabins which looked burnt and destroyed but there are also some which still hold the features of the house, just like the head's cabin.