Chapter-42: I am sorry, Carl

Lucas never thought that he would be rushing so much like this just to get back home. It was too tiring. So tiring that he thought Brook's training would be better.

In fact he was not that physically tired but his mind felt like it was going to explode from thinking about what kind of excuse or explanation he would have to give if he was caught going outside.

"Brother, can you be a bit faster?"

"Kid, this is the best I can do! Pity a bit on the horse."

Lucas sighed as he looked at the vast scenery. At first he was planning to take a carriage and go back to Evandall more comfortably but now as he had revealed some precious information which would definitely catch the interest of his sister and make her look for him which was why he had to travel back with horseback riding.

He had a bit of trouble as there were only carriage services, which would be used for travelling but fortunately, he was able to make someone leave his carriage behind and send him back to Evandall only just with horse because carriage would take more time in travelling with its weight. That someone was now who was making his horse run like there was a tiger following them behind on his little customer's order.

"Is Evandall near, now?" Lucas hoped that his sister would not send someone back to Evandall, to check on him. He made sure that he fully covered all his hair and half of his face, when he was talking to that knight. Even his eyes would be barely visible.

'Big sis Maria will not be suspicious, right?' Lucas felt that it would be nearly impossible that his sister would be able to see that it was connected with him so he sighed a bit.

'Better be back home, soon, though...' He was a bit worried as he saw the signs of the sun setting when he looked up.

"Hmm, I guess it still needs around thirty minutes. Why are you rushing so much? Have to be back home before sunset? Hahaha." The boy shouted back, as the wind was making it difficult for them to speak normally.

He was surprised when this young boy made him leave his carriage when travelling. Most people liked to be comfortable, right? But he finally realized that the kid was in a rush as he made him speed up the horse, so much that he wondered if this small kid wasn't afraid. But he enjoyed this feeling though as it had been a long time since he had run wild like this.

"Sort of." Lucas just gazed in the front.

Finally, they could see the city as it was only when Lucas could sigh. Lucas made him stop at the entrance, wearing back his hood which was long apart from covering his hair because of the strong wind.

"Here, take it." Lucas tossed 5 silver coins to the boy, making him widen his eyes in surprise. He just asked for 2 silver coins and he had already thought it might be too expensive for a kid, which was why he considered reducing it back to 1 silver coin as the horse riding was enjoyable for him, too.

"Hey, kid you don't ne-"

"Just keep it!" Lucas shouted back as he rushed into the city. He didn't have time to explain that he just gave him more because he was able to bring him back to Evandall at a first rate which would be a bit difficult for some other men. Besides, 5 silver coins was nothing to him.

Cause the pocket money he possessed was completely opposite to his own luck.

Holding the 5 silver coins, the boy looked at the entrance where Lucas had passed through, thinking that the appearance of him with while hair and blue eyes was too similar to what they described as the youngest son of the duke.

'Seriously, what am I thinking?' He just shoved it off as a nonsense way of thinking as he left Evandall, believing the fact that why would a duke's son wander alone with no one as his escort.