Chapter-54: Are you an ... ? (2)

"Is it that surprising?"

Rajia almost giggled in amusement as he saw Lucas, who was in a calm demeanor all this time, started to be dazed in shock and awe.

"Truly..."

Lucas also introduced himself although he realized that Rajia might have already known that, wondering that it would be a lot better if his dear instructor can talk with such soothing voice for once. While he was in his thoughts, Rajia's words brought him back to the reality.

"But why would you need a spirit, though?" As far as Rajia knew, it had no ways to cure the curse. Not even healing magic of high level could do that. And in the familiar spirits, there was no one who had the ability to cure such kind of curse.

"Because normal healing magic doesn't work."

Lucas knew that healing magic could make the disease spread more and bring the person to death but it was just the sprint between magic and curse of who could win. If the healer's magic activated and healed so fast that the curse would not be able to react, then there should be no problem. And he explained his thinking slowly to Rajia, hoping that the cardinal would understand.

"That's why I needed a healing magic that would be strong enough to win the curse. And for that I needed the help of a spirit."

Lucas didn't know why Rajia looked like he was thinking something before he continued the next words but he decided to wait as he thought it should take some time for a person to bargain the possibilities and consequences before giving out the family's secret. Even in the novel, Rajia gave out the secret when he knew that it was already a critical situation for the kingdom and decided that the help of the spirits was necessary.

"Did Brook tell you this? I mean how the curse works?"

"Huh?"

'Did Brook know something about this, too?' Lucas was amazed at the thought that he was on the verge of knowing something. But before he could ask for more, Rajia cut the conversation out.

"No... never mind."

It seemed that Rajia also noticed the clueless look of Lucas and he didn't pursue further information. For him, it was also possible that the god gave him some guidings for the situation.

"Are you sure that you are going to summon a spirit?"

Lucas saw that the gaze of Rajia was not simply just a tender and warm one like before. But instead, it was a deep look that was questioning his determination for the next process. After all, summoning a spirit is no easy job. It was something that even Ryosuke wasn't capable of in the original story.

"Yes, I am."

Lucas needed to do this. He couldn't just sit and wait for the curse or disease to destroy the whole kingdom and bring death to his family even before the main cases of the original story line started.

"Even though you knew that failure might bring you death in the worst case scenario."

In truth, Rajia didn't want to allow it. He didn't want the sacrifices to come back again. Once was already enough. If he could summon a spirit by himself, he would have already done it but sadly, he didn't have the capability to do so as he failed the first requirement of having the blood and soul acknowledged by the god to be worthy for a spirit.

But the youngest son of the duke was telling him strongly that he would meet the first requirement. Whether it was true or not would only be known when it was tested but if the child had passed the first requirement, it was sure that it was the will of the god. And he had no place to stop that. Moreover, to his understanding, this way was the only ray of hope for the kingdom to not fall in despair without large sacrifices. And for the kingdom, he would take any risk to do so.