Chapter-32.5: Brook Housland

Among the orders of the king, it was an order I hated the most.

"Brook, be the instructor of Ryosuke and Lucas Evandall."

Teaching the noble kids? That was one of the things that I wanted to avoid at all costs. My experiences with the noble kids were not that great.

'And one of them is the son of Duke Cassius!?' I started to wonder how cocky and arrogant he would be. Almost all the noble kids he met were the little brats who didn't know about anything but to complain and they usually weren't able to keep up with the training.

And when I knew that the boy was a healing magic user, I felt like I wanted to hit myself to a wall. I was happy that someone was finally willing to make healing magic users be able to protect themselves but was it possible?

"May I refuse the order?"

Let me refuse it, your majesty. I sincerely wished.

"I am afraid but you can't."

That old man really liked to push around the people huh? I really did make a long sigh thinking about the troubles that were going to be piled up in the next few months.

"I won't teach them if they can't keep up. And it is not my fault if they give up."

I hated how the king laughed like he was having quite an amusement at my statement. I just excused myself while he was enjoying his time. Just before I left the room, the king halted my steps.

"Make sure they synergize well."

"Yes, your majesty." I just nodded but his other words confused me a bit.

"If something happens, prioritize the boy named Ryosuke." He was giving his back to me so I didn't know his reaction. I really didn't understand why that Ryosuke boy was so special than a son of a duke. But if he said so, I should just do it like that. I didn't want to know complicated things so I ignored.

As soon as I left the room, I could see that Rajia was standing at the front of the room. Wait, shouldn't he be at the church? Well, he might have something to discuss with the king.

"How did it go?"

Here came my older brother with his usual smile just like any priest did.

"Did you recommend me to the king?" Yea.. the culprit should be him since he was always near that old man.

"Why not? You are quite capable."

"Just think that I am not." But it was not good to cry over the spilled milk so I just quickly parted ways with him.

"Have fun while teaching them."

His voice was getting farther and farther away as I walked out.

To hell that I would have fun.

It was what I thought.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

But to my surprise, I did have fun.

Although those two looked like paper dolls which would just get blown away by a gust of wind, they did really hang on well with the training. And Ryosuke was a prodigy and I couldn't believe that he hadn't held a sword before. But more than that Ryosuke, that little boy caught my interest.

Not only he didn't complain, he also didn't scowl at my words no matter how harsh they were. What more surprising was that he was so familiar with the sword and he learned well.

I was not complaining but I also couldn't believe that fact. Maybe it was because of the blood of the Evandall family but was this kid really a healing magic user!?

I couldn't help but to become amused at seeing a healer hold a sword properly like a sword master. Even Walt, who was one of the sturdiest healers, had no ability to do that.

My opinion on him changed a bit as I watched him grow in his training. It was interesting to do so. I even thought healing magic was his only secondary one while he didn't reveal his main ones. Maybe it was because of some heir problems? It happened a lot in higher noble families.

But he proved that my thoughts were wrong, again!

He was a capable healer. At his age, he was already capable of replenishing other people's mana fully and the one he trained with was no other than Ryosuke, who had a crazy amount of mana, a multiple ability user!

This was not the only time he surprised me.

I didn't really understand what the heck in the world had caused this little boy to cough up blood and collapse in the Oiria tunnel. Judging from Carleton's words, he helped a lot in fighting with the demons and such. Was he really just a 10 years old kid? A lot of kids by his age should have trembled without being able to do anything at the sight of demons.

He was truly different. And his abilities were on another level. Walt also confirmed how he was a prodigy in healing magic. And I judged that the sword proficiency he had was something that would rule over the kingdom if he just had some physical enhancement or weapon mana.

And I knew something that could help him.

I laughed as I imagined a healing magic user who would also have an ability to fight.

But I hoped it would help, though.

It was not that bad to have a try, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Who still remember Rajia? hahahaha ><