Chapter-15: A Stroll around the Capital (2)

It was already around 2 hours since they arrived at the market area and Lucas felt like he wanted to cry.

'I feel like I am babysitting a 10 years old kid!' Lucas, who was a seven year old child by himself, (if one didn't include his mental age, of course!) sighed in tiredness as he was pulled along to different types of shops by Ryosuke, a 14 years old kid, who was now in the peak of excitement by seeing the magic tools in the market area.

"Lucas, isn't that cool!? That dagger design is something you would only see in the games! Man. I can't believe they really exist! Ah, you won't know what games are! I will explain to you later! You will be amazed by their greatness!"

'I also can't believe that you are a game freak!'

Since the time Lucas and Ryosuke were here, Ryosuke was immersed in his interests of magic related tools, saying that they were similar to the weapons in games he loved. He was not definitely wrong, though.

'Come to think of it, Ryosuke also did gather and store some precious weapons he got from his raids... So, the reason is because it is similar to the weapons designs in the games he played on earth?' Lucas just decided to let him do whatever he wanted as it was a rare chance for them to go out.

"Yes, Yes... big brother Ryo, look it to your heart's consent... We still have a lot of time left."

Lucas just followed Ryosuke, who was drowned in his own fantasy of looking at various kinds of weapons at a store which sold the artifacts that adventurers, also known as hunters, brought back when they were going on a monster raid. But Lucas could understand the excitement of Ryosuke as he was also amazed by the variety of goods that the store held, thinking how much relationships or connections he had with the hunters.

"Since we are already here, why don't you buy a sword or some tools related to enhance your magic?"

"I still can't decide... Most of the weapons really interest me but they are too expensive. Do you think the king will scold me if I buy a lot?"

There were two types of artifacts and weapons. Firstly, those which were crafted by humans by using the mana stones that they got from mines and some easy monster raids in the borders and secondly, those crafted weapons, whose crafters were unknown, and mostly found on the demons' land. Although they were both high in price, the latter was far more rare, powerful and expensive, the least expensive one being over 50 gold coins.

Since all the expenses used by Ryosuke would be billed to the king and cut out from the nation's budget, Ryosuke was worried that he would be overusing and got smacked by the king. 'Dear boy, the king is not your mom. The worst you get will be that your expenses will be limited.'

"I think you should buy one or two. Maybe you can check more when you know which will be best for you. It's not like this event is a once in a lifetime event."

"Yea, you are right." Ryosuke's eyes shifted to a sword which was hanging on the wall. Lucas also followed Ryosuke's gaze and landed on that beautiful long sword, with its handle in a deep black color and decorated with a crimson red stone. The scabbard was also a simple one in black color with a dark brown leather strap around it.

Ryosuke asked the merchant to show him that sword, which was gladly done in a second. The sword looked more elegant when one saw it in a close range which made Ryosuke's fumed in more excitement.

"You have a good taste there. It is the new item crafted by Torkel Greiner! The mana stone in the middle is also a rare one which enhances one's mana by 45%! Since it is from Torkel, the durability has nothing to say!" The merchant was explaining the benefits of the sword wholeheartedly as Ryosuke unsheathed the sword from its scabbard, revealing its sharp and fine-looking blade.