Chapter-66: It's impossible but...

"Young master Lucas, I still can't believe that you have grown this much."

"You really are achieving a miracle."

"If my son were like you, I would be too proud. I really envy Duke Evandall."

"We will be holding a party in the coming week. It will really be an honor to have you there."

If words could make one die, Lucas would have died already from this buzzing atmosphere, with people, old and young, surrounding him and shooting numerous questions.

Even though he looked here and there to ask for help from his family, his father and brother were occupied with the king and Prince Albert while his sister was also surrounded with many people like him.

"Young Master, your complexion is not that good. Are you perhaps tired?"

'Whoever asked that question, you have my gratitude.'

Lucas inwardly thanked that someone and he politely answered, looking for a way out of this crowd, cursing at the king who invited that many people here.

"I guess I am. Excuse me for a while. I guess I need to get some fresh air."

"Oh my, of course, you might be tired. You have been out since the morning."

"There is a balcony over there where you can relax. Should I accompany you there?"

"It's really ok. I can go by myself."

Lucas refused the offers as he quickly headed over to the balcony, hoping that there would be no one unlike the last time that he had visited.

'Hey, kid?'

'What?'

'When are we going back?'

'How would I know?'

Alexios growled, being disappointed.

Luckily, there was no one out there. Lucas wondered where Prince Eldric was since he didn't see him that much today.

But he didn't have energy to care about that. Both Lucas and Alexios were already bored from interacting with people who were trying to flatter them, and gain favor.

After the ceremony, they had to greet the public who were cheering for them all morning and even after that there was a night banquet to celebrate with other nobles.

'I will never get an award next time. I will make sure of it.'

Lucas promised to himself again and again that even if he had to help people, he had to make it in secret if possible. Though awards were great on the surface, they came with a responsibility. And Lucas didn't want to fulfil the people's hope all the time.

Looking after the hero and making sure that he would not fall in despair was enough for him. Maybe, Lucas might also look after Evandall territory for his family but he didn't want to help all over the kingdom. It would be too stressful and he didn't have the confidence to do so.

Lucas promised himself that he would not overwork.

Most importantly, he didn't want to deal with such kind of situation again.

'When will the banquet be over?'

'When the king leaves. And then we can leave too.'

'Seriously?'

'Yea.'

The quietness in his head came over again. Lucas was already earful with the people who were congratulating them and talking flattery non-stop. It was not that good that even his head was filled with numerous questions that came from Alexios who was being carried by him in his hand.