Chapter-40: The Curse (3)

"Boy, are you alright?"

The shopkeeper thought it was normal to be stunned after hearing such news as she, personally, had experienced this even though it was still hard to believe what was happening in Sansa.

Lucas nodded at her question while his mind being quite blank. Actually he did not know what to do. It wasn't what he intended to do, not right now at least.

'Why is this world having so much difference with the novel!?'

At first, Lucas had thought that it was because he was going around the places, so he met with things that were not included in the novel. He thought it was because of him that that had some small alternation.

'I didn't do anything!' Lucas didn't remember interfering with the novel for this. He would never do that. Who would make your own territory to get a disease.

And he didn't remember Lucian foreshadowing such things to him. No matter how Lucas tried, he only recalled the words warning him about the devil commander in the 5 years of time and it was what he focused on this whole time which he found that it was quite easy, except from getting some stress.

'Should I try to be in a dying situation?'

Lucas wanted to meet with Lucian and wanted to ask why this was happening. But he instantly removed this plan from his head because it was either Lucian had no knowledge about this happenings or he didn't want to tell Lucas about this, which meant that it would definitely be in vain even if he went and met with him for answers.

And it was not time to ask for the answers. Reasoning could come later and finding the solution for this problem came first which was already a difficult thing to do so.

"Are there more infected people?"

"We have some suspects, though.... Of course, it is from the family of people who died from the curse. It is so scary how true it is that once a curse is caught, it passes down the family."

The woman sighed, thinking it would be so terrifying if herself or someone from her family got such curse.

"Do you know where they are, aunty? Are they staying at their homes?"

"No, at the local church. Why?"

"It's nothing, aunty. I am just curious!"

Lucas smiled a bit and waited for a while before answering the questions as a buyer came by to buy some fruits. And he noticed that the man was wearing a knight uniform of the Evandall family, meaning that his family had sent someone to oversee the situation here.

He stepped to the side a bit, holding his hood down a bit more quickly. Not everyone in the knight faction would recognize him but it would be pretty troublesome if one really did remember with a slim chance.

And with all these things happening, Lucas didn't trust his luck anymore.

'Don't look at me. Don't talk to me. Don't look at me. Don't talk to me......' Lucas inwardly prayed and prayed, not looking at the knight. Not even one glance.

The knight bought a bag of some fruits, which was for lunch. After he got the change from the shopkeeper, he decided to head back to his group but accidentally, he caught a glimpse of a small figure standing at the side of the shop, which made him pretty surprised that the hooded figure didn't look like the kids from Sansa area and seemed like a child who was travelling around.

"Are you alone, kid? Did you get separated from your parents?" The young knight was worried as it was rare to see young children travelling around, thinking he should help him out if it was the case that he thought.