Chapter-33: Coming back

'Ah, I think I really missed this environment...' Lucas thought as the carriage went on the path that led to the main mansion of Evandall. It had been 3 years that Lucas had lived in the capital together with Ryosuke but he didn't realize that he would miss this mansion so much, where he spent his life for 7 years.

'Good to see that the mansion is as good as before.' He thought, while his face, featuring a smile of satisfaction. He had heard from his family that both the city and the mansion suffered a lot during the Dark Wave three years ago but when he looked at the environment of the mansion, it was as lavish as he had remembered. Like nothing had happened in the past.

"Lucas! Ahhhh, you don't know how much I have missed you!!!"

As soon as Lucas had stepped outside of the carriage, he could hear the familiar doting voice, and felt himself being picked instantly and a light kiss on his cheek. His actions even made Tus and Eura who was following behind Lucas to be speechless.

'What the heck are you doing!?' Embarrassment rose up in Lucas mind as he wanted to scream back his dear brother, Edwin but he remembered that he was just a 10 years old kid in their mind, and decided to let it off as it was normal with just a nervous laugh. And there was someone else who would speak for his sake.

"Edwin, you shouldn't do that. What if Lucas is afraid of you because of your rough gestures, like that?"

As expected, Maria came to help, making Edwin let go of Lucas, although he didn't want it, complaining that he wanted to hold up Lucas forever if he could.

"Maria, don't you miss Lucas!? How can you be so cold?" It was the typical tone of Edwin everytime he was prohibited to do something by Maria.

'Did you forget that you just made a visit to me 10 days ago?' Lucas couldn't think how could his brother be in such a state of near crying just for not meeting him for 10 days. Even though Lucas didn't leave the capital for 3 years, his family came to visit him from time to time. Of course, they didn't have much time as they were pretty busy with rebuilding the city and such but they did have quite a contact.

"It is not me that is cold. It is you that is overreacting. Come on, you will make Lucas feel awkward."

"Is that so, Lucas?"

Edwin seemed like he was going to cry as he asked back Lucas who was just watching them debate quietly. Actually, Lucas really had no idea how to take part in this conversation with his siblings and how to keep up with his 22 years old brother, acting like a kid of 10 years old.

"I am ok, brother Edwin." Lucas just smiled as he always did. Well this brother of his had an overreacting side but it was because he loved him so much so Lucas could understand. It would be more correct if one said he sympathized with him because he might act the same when it came to Nway Oo, his little sister from the past.

A proud look was on Edwin as he heard Lucas, looking at Maria with a winning look while Maria just sighed as if she had given up.

"Come on, Lucas. Let's go inside. You must be tired from travelling, right?" Maria still had a gentle smile whenever it came to Lucas and her smile somehow made Lucas calm.

No matter how Maria was mature and calm, she still couldn't hold back the urge to hold Lucas's hand while entering the mansion.

"Welcome back from Evandall mansion, Lucas!" Edwin had a wide grin on his face and also did the same with Maria, holding another hand of Lucas as they entered.

"Yep! It is really good to be back!"

While chucking a bit, Lucas did think it was truly great to live together again with his family. The time in the capital was not bad but he liked this environment, too. But he wondered if he would be able to stay long, though, as he had something else to do later.