Chapter 8: His Family (1)

As soon as Edwin cleared the monsters on his way and saw the reinforcements coming, he started to look for Lucas and the strange boy, wishing earnestly that the boys would be safe.

Finally he could see the strange boy but just as he was so afraid, he saw the boy holding up another small boy whose face seemed to be really pale, with blood gushing out from his nose. A huge amount of worries and anxiety pumped up in his head suddenly, so much that he couldn't think what to do next.

"LUCAS!"

He sat down immediately and brought the small limp pale boy into his arms, glaring at the other black haired boy who also seemed to be shocked, asking him what the heck had happened here.

According to the boy, Lucas had used a high level of healing magic to heal the boy. Looking at the blood and torn clothes at the back of the boy, it seemed that the wound was really huge but no injury, even a scar was left behind. Seriously, what was his little brother thinking!? It was already the limit to use first cycle magic in his age.

He then carried Lucas in his arm and started to look for someone who could use healing magic. From the looks of Lucas' symptoms and from the situation, he knew that Lucas was suffering from mana exhaustion. He knew most how dangerous it was to use mana, breaking one's limit. And he didn't want to see someone he loved die from such cases again, too. He just hoped that there would be some healers among the reinforcements.

Fortunately, he saw his father who was commanding the knights to handle the situations. He didn't know that he would be this happy to see this cold father of his. His father would definitely know where the healer group was, right?

"Father!"

Cassius looked to the direction that he was called. His eyes turned colder than usual and his eyebrows twitched when he saw Edwin come running to him with a horrified expression while holding a young child. He immediately realized that that child was his youngest child, Lucas and the state he was in was not good.

"Father! Lucas needs a healer! You must have brought some from the capital, right! Hurry and tell me where they are!" Edwin said non-stop. He was really in a hurry.

Edwin sighed in relief when his father said to follow him after he shifted his command to someone else. He followed where his fathers led quickly. Their steps were so fast that other people could see they were in a hurry.

They entered a huge tent where there was a green flag with the symbol of a pigeon on the top of it. It was also filled with many injured people and healers, trying their best to lower the casualties. Then his father immediately called someone named Jahira, a woman who was around 40 years of age, wearing a long robe which indicated that she was a healer. After hearing the situation, she led them into the innermost part of the tent where there were not many people.

Edwin put Lucas down slowly on the bed that Jahira showed him. He could do nothing but watch aside and prayed that his brother's situation was not as worse as he had expected as the said healer began to examine Lucas.

"Will he be ok?"

It was just that he knew that the strange boy also followed him along the way. Edwin was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he didn't even realize someone was following him. If his father knew that, he was going to be trained like hell again.

"He will." Edwin believed that his brother would do ok no matter what. He could not let his little brother die just like that, like his mother.

"How is he doing?" Edwin heard his father ask the conditions of Lucas. He realized that his father also seemed to be worried about his little brother. He never expected that, though.