Chapter-41: Checking

"Is Young Master Lucas here?"

The head servant of the house, Gerald, didn't exactly know why the knight came to find the youngest master of the house as he halted the knight, asking for the reason for his visit. It was not like everyone could just casually come and meet his little master.

"I am Gerald, the head servant of this household. May I know why you want to meet Young master, Lucas?"

"Ah, I apologize for being in a hurry. I am Dan, the knight of Squad 4, serving under Lady Maria. I was sent here to check whether Young master Lucas is in the mansion or not." Dan fully introduced himself as the head servant nodded at his answer.

"I see. Well, he is here but now he is training on his healing magic. He ordered everyone not to enter his room before he comes out so I suppose it will be difficult to see him."

Gerald answered as he didn't want to disturb the young master. He had known little master Lucas since he was a newborn and it was not the first time that young master acted like that as he usually cooped up in his room while training. And he didn't like it when someone disturb him.

"So, he is in the mansion, right? Then it's fine." Dan thought that it was ok as the head servant said that the young master was home.

From the start, he didn't know why his lady had given him a command like that. 'Why would a young child like young master Lucas be able to leave the mansion on his own?' Or so he thought.

"How is the situation in Sansa?"

Dan was preparing to excuse himself but stopped as he heard the question from Gerald. He took a few seconds before answering. It was as if he didn't want to think about that.

"Ha...the healers think it is definitely the demon's curse..." Dan sighed while whispering to Gerald making him sigh together with him.

"Is there really no cure? Have you asked for advanced healers from the capital? Maybe royal healers may have a solution."

"Of course. But they also are lost with this.... I think we can only pray to Lucian." Dan had his head low as he wanted to scream out why these bad cases were happening to them.

For a few seconds, the atmosphere was quiet and Dan believed that Gerald had nothing more to ask him.

"Excuse me, then. I have to leave now."

Gerald nodded, looking at Dan who left quickly as fast as he had come, as he also silently prayed that everything would go fine. Even though the information was kept confidential to a certain extent to control the panic of the crowd, Gerald was one of the people who knew that Sansa was suffering from some kind of disease.

He was hoping that it was not the curse but This old man had a heavy heart as he thought it was not that long after such a gruesome Dark Wave and there came another unknown disease, now confirmed as the curse from stories as he gazed at the sunset before he went back to his daily duties.

***

"Dan, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with Lady Maria?"

Dan looked back as he found another knight approaching him before he left the main gate of the mansion, and halted his steps as he realized it was no other than Carl.

"And how is Alisa? Have you met with her?" Carl continued while he was surprised to see someone who should be at Sansa was back at the mansion. He knew how much his childhood friend had wanted to meet Alisa and how much he had worried about her.

He was worried for a bit if Dan was dismissed from his duty as he was not originally from the squad under Lady Maria but he was allowed to participate in the squad by requesting the lady so much as he wanted to go to Sansa, when he heard that Alisa was one of the suspected people to get the disease and help as much as he could and for Alisa, too.