Chapter-46: Dream

The blazing fire was everywhere and the scenery was filled with people who were running and shouting in agony as if their life was on line to the people who were killing them like the hunters did to their own prey.

'What am I doing here?'

The one who was standing, without understanding the situation, was none other than the silver-haired boy. Lucas knew this place too well. It was the middle of the capital city, not that far away from the entrance of the palace. And he remembered well that this place where it was once prosperous and peaceful, not a place filled with despair and agony.

'What the heck happened?' Lucas didn't really know what kind of disaster had made this place like that. Everything felt like it was happening too quickly and somehow felt fumy. 'Is it because of the smoke?' Lucas really didn't know as he looked here and there of this scene.

"Please stop, citizens! This is not the real way! What you are doing is just creating more victims!"

As Lucas heard the strong and loud voice, as if it was begging the ranging people, he turned around to see who was giving the words. And in an instant, Lucas's eyes widened.

Prince Eldric, whom Lucas remembered last as a youth, was now somehow looked older and his reddish brown eyes were on the verge of wanting to give up. But a part of him looked like he was still hanging on to calm the crowd down.

But what could he do with just some palace knights and companions. It seemed like he was not someone of power too, judging that most of the people were not paying attention to him. Lucas could hear that his companions were telling him to go back to the palace but he refused to listen.

The whole scenery was giving a headache to Lucas and more shock crossed his face as he saw a familiar someone come out from behind as Lucas was not expecting to see him. Not like this.

"Just give up."

His voice was dreadful and his eyes seemed lifeless. He seemed somehow older, more mature and fully armored which made him look like a strong soldier but his facial expressions were not that good. No, it was bad. It definitely seemed like he had already given up on this situation, not like Prince Eldric.

"Let's just kill everyone. It might give those cowards a scare and perhaps, they might stop."

'Wait!? You are not supposed to talk like that.' Lucas knew that the man was not joking. It was far from his usual jokes.

"Are you crazy, Ryosuke!? Just stay near Lady Stella. I will try to do something..."

'Yes, prince. Go and tell him.'

"She is already gone...."

The moment of silence came between them and the prince couldn't believe his ears.

"Wait, didn't you get the elixir from the elves!?" Eldric seemed like he didn't pay attention to the scenery happening before him as he looked at Ryosuke.

Ryosuke didn't reply to him and he just looked at the crowd in despair. With one glance, anyone can tell that he was cursing the whole world and already despised this situation. And it made Eldric's anxiety rise up to its peak. The poor prince didn't know whether he should firstly stop that man behind him or the crowd before him.

Lucas already had a realization of what was happening. And it was not something he could interfere with. He should have realized it sooner when the people didn't care about him or pay attention to him.

"Even though I tried so hard,..."

"Why don't things go the way I want?"

It seemed like he wanted to kill all the people who were on haywire but the small sanity left in him was somehow holding him back. The sanity that he was going to lose during the war which was coming in the near future after this.