Chapter-55: Are you an ... ? (3)

"I will not allow it."

'Why is he here?'

Lucas, following Rajia to a room which was a bit far from the main cathedral but as grand as the prayer rooms in the cathedral, was stunned gazing at the bulky man in front of him, rejecting his idea as soon as he entered the room. He didn't expect him to be here. He really didn't. It was then he knew that he was going to have to cross over another obstacle just to summon a spirit.

"Your eyes seemed to be asking why I am here. How am I not going to be here when my disciple is going to try to do something impossible? Huh?"

Brook stared at the young boy with his eyes being fierce and at the same time not being able to understand what Lucas was trying to do.

Brushing the hair behind that was covering the forehead, Lucas sighed and shifted his eyes to a person in white priest robes, looking at them while crossing his hands. Lucas instantly knew that that person was the culprit of this situation.

"Cardinal... Did you tell this to your brother?"

"I just had something to discuss about."

'Why do you need to discuss!? Did you have to ask for permission to let other people use the Book of Knowledge with your brother?'

Lucas sighed again.

"You sigh too much for a child."

"Then don't make me."

Giving a reply back to Brook instantly, Lucas held back his desire for 'his third sigh' for today. It was not easy for him to persuade his people, especially those three who he was closest with, to let him come to the cathedral again with the reason of 'Wanting to Pray Intensively.'

It was not like his companions were idiots so Lucas noticed that they were more or less suspicious of what he was actually doing. Ryosuke was already back to the academy which Lucas was glad because he knew that he would not be able to convince him if he followed.

Instead, Ryosuke might even offer to let him summon instead.

But Lucas couldn't allow it. Ryosuke would fail and would suffer from the mana over usage for some time and current Ryosuke didn't have the capability to endure it.

Finally he had to promise to let Carl and Tus follow around this time but only letting them to the public area of the cathedral and letting them know that he was going to stay all day with the most trusted Cardinal of the King, Lucas was able to get away from the eyes of them.

'How long does the spirit summon last?' Lucas really didn't know about that but he was sure they would not be able to interfere during the process. He would solve other problems later.

But then, here was his instructor, standing in front of him with an interrogative stare, telling that he would not allow Lucas to do what he wanted.

"Teacher, you know what is happening in Sansa, right?"

"More or less. But that doesn't mean that you had to try the impossible."

"But do you have any other way to stop it?"

Brook looked at Lucas, sending a glare once again. He knew how summoning spirits were like the most since their household was the one which had the nearest contact to such cases.

Mana depletion was the one of the many cases that people failed to do the spirit summoning. That was why only adults, with the bloodline of Housland, blessed with high mana potential from Lucian, tried to summon the familiar. Even with that, there had been many failures and in the worst scenario, death from mana depletion.