Chapter-52: To the Guidance (3)

"Young master... Why would you want to go out as soon as you arrived...?"

Lucas, in the simple while coat, mixed with a pale purple color as the lining in his sleeves, a grey vest, and white shorts in knee length, was going to step in the carriage when Carl in distress looked at the child, thinking if he got a tiny little chance to stop him.

"I just want to go pray. And it is said that the atmosphere of the cathedral is pretty peaceful so I wanna take a check."

"But..."

'Why does he want to pray so suddenly? He doesn't want to do anything strange, right?' was what Carl was thinking all along.

"Neither my brother nor my father forbid me from going out. And it is for my territory..." Lucas was not lying. It was a part of his reason, feeling that he also held some part of responsibility for his territory.

'So, the young master knew all along..."

Carl was stunned for a while. He thought that with the young master being able to pick up the situations fast, there was no way that he would not know what was currently happening.

'He must be pretty worried, then...'

Carl didn't have more reasons to stop his young master. And as far as he knew the capital was a pretty safe place for the time being, which was why he only sighed before he replied.

"I will be right behind the carriage..."

"Lucas, take care..."

Eura reminded Lucas again and again as she wasn't able to follow behind as there was a possibility that her identity would be revealed accidentally through a security check.

"I will, of course. Tus is also with me."

Lucas would have preferred to take Eura with him instead of Tus because it meant more freedom for him. But with the given situation, he had no choice, given that Tus was way more trustworthy and closer than the other ones he could take to accompany him.

The carriage ride was not that long to reach the entrance of the holy cathedral, the largest cathedral in the whole country and the place where the royal family and high ranking nobles in the capital often came to pray or made volunteering activities or some types of celebration, given the fact that it was one of the grandest cathedrals and pretty near to the palace which was why the security was so tight there.

It was not that the commoners weren't allowed to come pray there but on normal days, most of them chose to go to the local church which was near to the entrance of the capital because they didn't want to go through that heavy security check and even if they went, the place they could go around was restricted which was why they only chose to go the holy cathedral on the prayer days, the day held on every last Sunday of the month.

They were stopped at the entrance but surprisingly, entering the cathedral was easier than Lucas had thought and he believed that it was because of his identity. being the son of one of the four dukes of the kingdom.

And of course, there was a priest guiding them towards the prayer hall. If Lucas and the group were going to be left alone, they were definitely going to get lost in this place. As they walked along the paved path, Lucas was in awe looking at the surroundings that he was in.

'Why does it have to be so large...'

Lucas gazed at the features of the grand cathedral, thinking that it was the largest one he had ever seen, even compared to those in his past life. And he was in distress as he would have to roam around this large place in search of the book.

Passing through one large door, Lucas walked and took a seat which was on the front part and near to the aisle. Looking at the statue of Lucian, and stained glass behind it, featuring the famous story of the most believed god, blessing the people with the mana, he couldn't help but to be in awe of how people grasped the real image of Lucian, the one he always saw when he was unconscious.