Chapter-38: The Curse (1)

"I can't........?"

Lucas widened his eyes, not understanding what he had just heard as he informed Carl who was at the training ground most of the time.

'What do you mean by I can't go out!? Am I grounded? WHEN!?'

It was not like Carl who always followed Lucas anywhere as long as Lucas got a permission from the Duke and he seriously thought about when he committed a fault for that permission to get retracted.

"Why can't I? I mean.... It is just around the city?"

"It is just that the Duke said the young master has to wait for him to come back. I suppose.... umm..... he wants you to be home when he comes back." Carl scratched the back of his neck as he looked at Lucas with a smile.

"I mean.... I am not having a sleepover? It is just a half-day visit. And father is not coming back for a while, right?" Lucas was dumbfounded as he stared at how Carl nervously laughed at his questions.

'What kind of stupid reasoning is this?' He couldn't help but to stare and stare at Carl, making the poor soul more tense and got sweaty all of a sudden.

'It's suspicious.... Definitely, suspicious!'

"Young master, let's just stay in the mansion, today! Oh, you must be bored since Tus and Eura are also out. Young lord and lady are not home either. Do you want to play? What kind of game do you wanna play, young master!? I can definitely be your company!"

'I don't like how you are talking non-stop....' Not knowing how to proceed with the plan, Lucas looked at Carl who seemed to be a bit nervous as he talked. Carl was not that good at covering things when it came to face to face and it was only then one thought flickered in Lucas's mind.

"Wait! Did father know already that I met with demons?" He whispered to Carl, glaring at him so much that Carl could feel pressure from him. 'It is the only situation for father to retract his permission...' Lucas thought, thinking for more solutions if that was the case.

"No, young master! I kept my mouth shut for that! Don't worry!"

'Why are you shouting like that, you idiot!?' Lucas was stunned when he heard that loud confident voice of Carl, worried that someone might accidently hear that conversation and started to think what kind of acts Lucas was doing in secret.

'Judging from his voice... he is not lying....' It made Lucas more and more speechless. When Lucas compared Carl's expression to the start of the conversation, it was quite clear that Carl was hiding something from him.

"Then, I cannot get out no matter what?" Lucas lifted an eyebrow, looking at every move that Carl was making.

"Uh... yes, young master...."

"Not even the start of the town?"

Carl nodded, making Lucas frown more.

"Even if I hate you?" This time Lucas decided to use the move of a cute little curious child, wanting to go out a lot and was going to hate the person who was not permitting him to go out.

And it seemed pretty effective as Lucas saw Carl became loaded with anxiety and seemed like he wanted to cry.

'I am sorry, Carl....' Lucas knew Carl had no fault in it and was following the orders but he needed to push himself forward. He promised himself that he would comfort Carl later.

"I am really sorry..... Young master... The duke really ordered it..."

'Not even that works....?' Sometimes Lucas really hated how Carl was so loyal to the Duke, especially in cases like this.