Chapter-61: Grace of God

Alexios, who was following on the shoulders of Lucas, whispered as he twitched his eyes, looking at the scenario before him.

"Kid, I repeat. This is not going to be easy."

"I know."

Lucas patted the head of Alexios even though he shook his head as if he didn't want it. Lucas also felt suffocated just by seeing the scenery, calculating how many lives of his people had been lost when the situation was this bad.

"Are you still ok?"

Lucas could hear a soft tone from his father. And when he looked up, he could see Cassius was looking at him while waiting for the answer.

"Yes." Lucas simply replied. For Lucas, there was no way that he wouldn't be ok.

Before they could continue the conversation, there they could see a lady who was heading to them in a hurry. Lucas recognized her immediately. But even though it was only a few weeks that they were apart from each other, he could see that his sister looked thinner than usual and her eyes looked like a tired panda.

"Father, why are you here? I thought that you would have to pay a visit to capital soon?"

However, her steps stopped when she saw Lucas and her gaze suddenly turned into unbelieving ones.

"Wait, Lucas? Why are you here!?"

She sounded shocked as if she was seeing something she shouldn't. And her gaze turned to Cassius, questioning what kind of situation it was. It looked like if Cassius wasn't a duke it seemed that she might even hit him without questioning first.

Following her was Walter, and opposite to Maria, his face was slowly turned into that of a bright expression. Because Lucas had told him that he would come to Sansa with a cure.

Lucas explained the situation once again as Cassius let him to. And just like Cassius, Maria was also in a stunned state for a while not believing what she was hearing.

"Isn't it dangerous for you, Lucas?"

"Not at all. I won't overdo myself and Alexios will also be guiding me the whole time!"

Lucas gained a glare from Alexios, asking him if he had ever said about that.

"Could you please take me to the patients who are in the worst stage?"

Maria was hesitant at first but when Cassius also told her to, she led Lucas in. She believed that even though Cassius might look cold, he would never let Lucas be in danger.

The inner ward, being the special care unit for patients in the worst situations, lived up according to his name. There were so many patients filling up the large hall that even the human resources for taking care of these patients were not enough. The atmosphere was also too dull for the sunlight entering the room to make the surrounding bright and lively.

"You can try your healing capability here. And be careful not to touch the patients."

"Listen to your sister, Lucas."

Maria warned, as she stopped in the middle of the hall, with Cassius agreeing with her. Lucas also nodded, as Alexios went down from Lucas's shoulders, making Lucas feel that his shoulders became so much lighter, noticing how much weight he had carried on his shoulders till now.

And it seemed that some of the people who were still conscious heard about what Maria and Lucas were talking about. Those who had strength to open their eyes looked at the Evandall family, and those who had enough strength to sit up, sat up slowly, grasping the little hope that they had.