Chapter-45: The Disguise (3)

It didn't take that long to explain things that Lucas knew about the current situations happening in Sansa and to his surprise, Walter did really listen attentively and about the nature of the curse, including the fact that it was just an incurable disease.

Walter held his forehead as Lucas had finished his small talk and he blew out the air as if he was trying to calm his mind down and looked at Lucas, not believing the situation.

"Are you sure about this? Do you realize that you are talking about something that only happens in the stories."

"I am, sir. There is also no other disease similar to such symptoms. And it is not something that only exists in stories. I assure you of that."

Lucas firmly said, his mind believing the fact that Walter somehow knew about this curse even though he was saying that it was only related to stories. And he liked how Walter was giving serious consideration about this topic, wondering that it would normally be a little bit difficult to make other healers believe this.

Seeing that Walter was quiet for a while as if he was thinking something deeply, Lucas decided to wait in silence, too. He had the whole night and he felt no need to rush in this case.

"And what do you want to ask of me, Young master?" After a few seconds, Walter started again, paying careful attention to what Lucas would say. "I'm sure that you didn't come here just to explain that to me."

"Ah, yes. Actually, I want you to help out in this case. Like becoming a healer handling this case." Lucas earned a surprised look from Walter but nonetheless, he continued. "People are starting to assume that this is the curse and when this disease starts to spread like a haywire, they will be overwhelmed by panic."

"And I'm afraid that they will try to execute the ones with the disease." Lucas was afraid of this most. The more they killed, the more contact they had with the victims and the cycle continued. And it was really pitiful for the patients, too, which was why he wanted to control this situation so much earlier.

"As the stories suggest so..."

"Yes. That's why I want to ask you to become a public figure who knows the correct way to handle that disease and control the crowd."

Remembering that the stories stated the curse could be eliminated completely by burning the people with the curse. It was not wrong. Burning people could make this disease disappear as the body disappeared, too but that was only if the patients lacked contact with other people. And Lucas still couldn't think what kind of gruesome idiot suggested this method and added those in stories.

"Have you already informed the duke?"

"No. Not yet. My sister should have already gotten the warning this evening but no one knew the details, yet."

"And why are you telling me about this? I mean, when you are not even telling your family? And I believe that the Duke family will have more expert healers than me."

Walter already felt strange since the start when this child came to find him near midnight. He might even believe if Lucas had said that he came together with his brother and such but this child coming here was not related neither with his brother's visit nor Brook's visit. And he was sure that Lucas also did not inform this visit to his family, too. There was more possibility that he came here secretly.

In addition, he didn't understand why this child would go to so much trouble just to come find him. It was not like he knew Lucas really well, either. They only met for a few minutes and it was a month ago. And he started to wonder if the culprit to spark this child to look for him was Brook.

"Hmmm..." Actually, Lucas didn't really know how to answer this at first but he decided to be honest this time. He had lied too many times today and he didn't want to sugarcoat his answers.