Chapter-17: Tus & Eura (1)

The morning training with Brook went on as usual without any troubles. After the training Lucas went into the mansion with heavy steps, thinking how he should explain about the two kids although it was such a relief that both Anton and Alisa were not demanding answers from him.

But before the explanation came, Lucas even had another problem. Tus was already awake and well, when Lucas went to look at their situations early this morning. The problem was the girl. She was refusing to leave the room and even refused to remove her hood off no matter what the others said. Lucas just decided that he should handle this matter after training as Brook would not allow being late, considering how much of a strict teacher he was.

After taking a bath and washing away his sweat and tiredness, he decided to go to Ryosuke's room where the siblings were. As he entered the room, he saw a slim boy who was around 12 years of age, persuading the hooded girl who was sitting in a corner to not to be stubborn. His emerald eyes shook a bit anxiously as Lucas entered the room. He immediately stood up and bowed to 90 degrees as he greeted Lucas.

"Is she still refusing to change her clothes?" Lucas sighed as he went to the siblings.

"Ah, yes master.... I deeply apologize! She just needed some time... Don't punish her! I will persuade her. So..." Tus seemed like he was trembling for not being able to do what Lucas asked them; to take a bath and change into the clothes that Alisa had provided.

'Does he think like I am going to punish them!?'

The atmosphere was tense and Lucas didn't really like such an atmosphere. And what would it look like if a 12 years old young boy was bowing to a 7 years old kid? In Lucas's perspective, it was definitely weird.

"Take it easy! I am not blaming you for such a small case." Lucas laughed a bit to lighten up the atmosphere as he sat down near the girl. Tus was just looking at Lucas's doings in concern.

"Hey girl," Lucas tried to be as softly as he could. 'Is this girl afraid? No, looking at her behavior yesterday, it doesn't look like she is a scaredy-cat.'

"Look at me. I am not doing any bad thing to you so what about you pull down your hood and relax?"

As expected, the girl even held her hood tighter, making Tus frown.

"Actually master, Eura is ----"

"DON'T!"

The attempt for an explanation from Tus was cut out by the girl, whose name was Eura.

"So, you must be Eura." Lucas continued. "Eura, didn't you promise that you will do everything I said if I save your brother? I'm worried we will get anything from this."

It seemed that the word 'promise' reached to Eura as she slowly raise her head and looked at Lucas in her round dark brown eyes.

"Ok.... don't be surprised..."

Lucas was prepared to himself that nothing would make him surprised but his eyes widened nonetheless as she lowered her hood.

Her wavy brown hair fell out and there were two bear ears that was popping out. Although she lowered her hood, she didn't really dare to look at Lucas face at first, but when she looked she was worried enormously as she saw Lucas being in a shocked state with his widened eyes.

"So you also think that I am a spawn of demons? Are you disgusted, now?" Her tone was lifeless. "Tus is a human, by the way. Don't drag him along if you want to kill me." Her eyes shifted from gazing at Lucas, resulting in Tus's worried manner.

"She is not a bad one master! Trust me! She isn't associated with the demons! I can explain!" Tus kneeled down as he pleaded. Normally, when one met someone from the tribe that was allied with the demons, they either tried to kill them or tested them with various magic and such until they died which made both of Tus and Eura's behaviors understandable.