Chapter-56: I will □□□ . (1)

The surrounding was neither bright nor dark, faintly lit up with creatures that looked like fireflies and with similar lights on tops of trees and ground in a tranquil nature. There were some human-like silhouettes surrounding Lucas, curious of the new being that had stepped into their world.

'The home of spirits...' It was another realm co-existing with the world that Lucas was currently living in. Noting that it was indeed quite a beautiful place, overwhelmed by nature's scenes, Lucas stood up on the dark green grass.

"Hmmm, Hello?"

Lucas simply greeted the human-like shadows surrounding him, knowing that they were the spirits. Whether they were the spirit type that Lucas really wanted or not wasn't that sure.

'Finding the right spirit comes first.'

Lucas remembered Ryosuke not being that welcomed by the spirits and even had difficulties in finding the spirit to contract with him and thus, he expected the same to happen. It was known throughout the novel that spirits were not that friendly with the humans as they lived on the separate path and didn't interfere unless there was an absolute necessity.

"Actually, I am looking for a spirit capable of healing the demon's curse... Is there anyone like that? I really need his help."

He could hear some murmuring around him but he couldn't figure out what they were talking about making Lucas to curse that he didn't have any resources to learn spirit language in his world.

And if it was in his past life, he would properly jump out and scream if he heard such whisperings and shadows but currently, he felt proud that he didn't do any of that. The murmuring lasted for a few seconds but then suddenly stopped making the surrounding to be silent once again.

Lucas was careful, expecting some sort of attack from the spirits just like what happened to. They would not kill someone who came here with the approval of Lucian but they could show their hostility if they wanted to. It was stated that there were also ways to come into the spirit world without the approval of Lucian, which meant without the Book of Knowledge.

But Lucas didn't want to try that with such short-tempered spirits who could be very ruthless at some points since it would not guarantee his life.

But to his surprise, the spirits were not hostile to him for a reason that he didn't know. But instead, the human-like silhouettes moved to a place, seeming like inviting Lucas to come forward. It was not that Lucas wasn't grateful for it but he found it to be a bit strange.

Lucas also tagged along behind them carefully, inspecting the scenery around him carefully. But everywhere he looked, it was just a grass field with some other trees which were not too close to each other, dimly lit by the small globes of lights.

Finally the spirits stopped moving and started to disperse and disappeared slowly as Lucas looked at what was in front of him.

A willow tree in deep green was standing before him with its leaves swinging slowly as a soft wind blew as it was inviting him in.

Lucas also moved forward under the shadow of the tree. He thought that it would be pretty dark but it was not really like that. The same as other scenery he had seen previously, it was also lit by some small globes of light, helping Lucas to be able to see well the trunk of the tree.

"I heard that you were looking for a spirit of healing."

Lucas tried to look at the place where there was a monotonous deep voice, only seeing the shadow in front of him.

"Yes. Are you the one that I am looking for?"

"Possibly."

There was not really a long reply.