Chapter-64: Ceremony (3)

"Actually I am here to lead you to the awarding hall."

"Thank you for your kindness, Your Highness."

"No need. And Edwin, Maria it had been a long time since we last met at the academy, right? Let's have a reunion on a later date."

"We would be happy to do so."

Edwin and Maria just replied casually, not wanting to stir up unnecessary trouble. They knew that Prince Albert could change his mood so fast and became aggressive quickly. If they were on their own they would not have cared.

'Lucas is here so let's be gentle and graceful.'

They didn't want to show such a bad side to a young child.

It seemed that because of their unusual gentle action, Prince Albert came to have more courage to talk without caring.

"Of course, of course. By the way, aren't you Lucas? I have heard a lot about you. To know that such a child would have such amazing ability.... I can't wait to see your future achievements."

The grin of the price didn't disappear as he talked non-stop. Even if he was trying to show his good will, it was a feature of bad luck for Lucas whatever he did.

Evandall was a neutral faction.

It was not too long ago that they tried to put pressure on Evandall just because Cassius didn't join them. But now that prince was trying to be friendly with them.

'I wonder if this power-hungry selfish idiotic prince would have the ability of thinking.'

Lucas realized that it was more or less Queen Magaret's plan for Prince Albert to try to be close with them. But he had no plan to do so and he didn't worry because he knew that his family also had no plan to do that.

'I don't like how he is so talkative.'

Alexios yawned as he talked to Lucas as usual. And Lucas also agreed. Even if he didn't know the novel plotline, he could tell that the Prince's words were just a type of flattery, not sincere ones.

Both Lucas and Alexios got bored from listening to his flattery, talking continuously and not even giving a chance for Lucas to reply but he just let it be. It was not like he wanted to talk to him either.

'I don't like him, kid'

'Me too.'

'Do you want to kill him?'

'Of course. Any idea to do so secretly?'

'You are training, right? Get better at your swordsmanship and assassinate him.'

'Not a bad idea.'

The prince's words didn't reach Lucas's ears properly as he was chatting with Alexios, controlling his laughter deliberately. And he was glad when the Prince's flattery came to a stop, noticing that it had already taken a lot of time and Duke Cassius interfered.

"Your Highness, I think we should go now if we don't want His Majesty to wait."

"Oh, of course of course. We should not take too long, right? Let's head to the awarding area."

Albert stated as he headed off together with Cassius but his mouth was still shooting words one after one with a smile.

Lucas could see that Prince Albert, at first, wasn't that fond of what his father had said but he believed that Queen Magaret might have warned him to behave which made Lucas to be really delighted. At least, he didn't have to face the prince's tantrum which happened a lot in the novel.