Chapter-30: Lilith

Whosh!

A faint glow was emerging from the crystal that the demon was wearing and Lucas was glad she wore it because if she didn't Lucas would be like a blind man who was trying to strike with luck. For a moment, he felt like he wanted to thank the demon for not having an ability to see in the dark.

Lucas swung his sword at the hand of the demon which held Carl's neck with all his strength which he was given a mocking laugh from the said demon telling him what kind of prank was he trying to play at.

"LET CARL GO! YOU DEMON!"

The female demon looked at Lucas, amused as he seemed like a powerless kid throwing a tantrum because his friend got injured.

"Heh~ What do you think you can do, you prick?" She playfully said as her grin became wider and wider, thinking how miserable the situation for that brat was. And she loved looking at the miserable struggle of the humans.

Lucas didn't pay attention to what the demon said and he had no thought of inflicting a wound on the demon. He knew that he definitely couldn't no matter how he tried. What he mainly focused on, in the current time, was to heal unconscious Carl to have his full strength in the smallest of time. It was his only hope and he needed time to do that.

'I have around 6 seconds....... At most 10...' Lucas calculated. It was all the time he could safely get from the demon. He didn't know when the demon would stop being amused by his state and decided to kill Carl.

'Lucian! You better give me more mana this time or I will be an accomplice of Ryosuke in destroying the world.'

Lucas didn't know whether threatening Lucian would work in this situation but he needed to try all the ways he could think. At once, he conveyed his healing mana on Carl in one go, wishing anxiously that it was enough for Carl's injuries. He didn't know whether it was because of using a lot of magic at once or not but he felt like his heart beat so fast as if it was going to get a heart attack, feeling difficult to breathe in.

"Ga--"

Suddenly, even before Lucas was able to adapt to his physical situations, he felt a kick on his abdomen which sent him backward flying and made him roll pretty much on the rocky floor. He had an urge to scream out as he felt an immense pain from the impact.

'F*ck.... that hurts!'

Lucas tried to stand up again but only to fall back kneeling on the ground. It seemed that his body, filled with scratches and some minor injuries but there was still a throbbing pain where he was kicked. Lucas kept the urge to heal on himself as he didn't know when he might need his magic later.

"Boy, I respect your courage but do you really think you can heal him at this time?" She playfully laughed which made Lucas irritated.

'Did it not succeed?' Lucas just stared at Carl, as he gathered his mana again to heal his knight from a distance.

But to his satisfaction, he could see that Carl had regained his consciousness, gripping his sword again as it slash through the demon's hand that was grabbing him. It was lucky that the demon wasn't expecting that which made Carl get a chance to free himself from the demon's grip and stepped back towards Lucas swiftly.

"Oh my,... you really did it boy." Although she was slashed in her hand, she laughed faintly again. "You are going to be a good experiment material..."

'Experiment? What experiment?' Lucas was dumbfounded by the demon's words, wanting to know what experiment the demons were starting at as the demons usually had no habit of doing such things.

"I am sorry for my carelessness, young master....."

Lucas looked up at Carl who was now standing in front of him. Although he seemed tired, Lucas was glad that Carl still had some strength to fight back. But Carl didn't look back at Lucas, giving his back only as he couldn't shift his gaze from the demon in case she attacked.