Chapter-27: Ereck Forest (3)

'It was stupid.......'

Lucas groaned while wanting to cry out loud, cursing his own luck at the same time.

'It really was stupid to find a sword in this vast forest without knowing the exact place.' He cursed at himself for having his expectations high and felt a huge depression while he kind of started to know that his hopes were impossible.

It had been over 4 hours that Lucas had been walking around in the forest. Everyone, especially Ryosuke, was wearing smiles of happiness as the hunt was going really well. Within these 4 hours, they had already fought 2 small groups of kobolds and some average monsters with the shape of horned pigs and won over them without much effort. Lucas didn't even need to heal that much because of Ryosuke's proficiency, so it was a thing to be satisfied.

No matter what, Lucas felt nervous as he still found no sights of finding a sword which he started to think that it was impossible to do so. It was like finding a thin needle in a stack of hay. In addition, he couldn't move or go around freely under the watch of Brook and Carl which made his situation worse.

'Shall I sneak out to here again later while taking Brother Ryo, Tus and Eura?'

Lucas believed that the sword must be lying somewhere near the entry and not the deep places of the forest because the adventurer in the novel was just a beginner and not someone who would hunt in dangerous areas. If it was with these three, it would be ok to do this much, considering their abilities plus his own healing magic. But the problem was whether he was able to sneak out or not.

'Gahhh, I want to grow up early.' For the first time, Lucas didn't enjoy his easy life as a child anymore.

"Master Lucas, are you perhaps tired?"

Tus came to ask Lucas as he saw a look of exhaustion on Lucas's face, thinking that Lucas was still a ten years old kid, regardless of his skills and adaptability.

"Not really, Tus."

Lucas was not really tired as he was recharging his stamina with his magic. For Lucas, healing magic was pretty useful for him as he didn't need to use a lot of mana for that magic and at the same time, he noticed himself that he had a large amount of mana capability in recent years.

"Are you sure? Don't put yourself too hard, Lucas."

"I also think so!"

Ryosuke and Eura also gazed at Lucas which made him nervously laugh and say he was really fine.

'What did I even do to be tired? It was Brother Ryo who did most of the slayings.' Lucas thought with his mind considering whether to give up the sword now or not. Maybe he could also find it again later since he still had two years.

But not long after he had answered, he felt himself being lifted by someone behind and when he looked back he saw it was Carl who carried him.

"I told you I am fine, Carl...."

"Shhh, it's ok to relax a bit, Young Master Lucas. We are also taking a rest for lunch, right Sir Brook?" Carl had his usual happy smile on his face as he was answered by Brook with a nod.

Lucas wanted to protest but he decided to let it be, as he wanted to use his opportunity as a child to the fullest.

'No one will be willing to carry me if I grow older.'

"By the way Carl, are there any resting places that hunters use?" Lucas seriously hoped that Carl might know a place like that and Brook agreed to take a rest there, imagining that he would miraculously find the sword there, just like in other Webnovels, although he knew that the chance was as low as usual.