Chapter 16

"Don't overwork yourself, Quinn."

Agad naman siya napatingin sa pintuan nang opisina niya ng marinig niya ang boses ni Olivia. Nginitian niya lang ito, she is currently editing the pictures and videos she gets from yesterday's photo-op. It's her lunchtime but she's not hungry, well she never felt hungry. She don't have a great relationship with food and eating.

She huff as she lay back down on her swivel chair and she close her eyes.

Her bad relationship with food is from her highschool, its either she eat too much or nothing at all. That happen when you abuse your body. That's why she's on calories deficit and exercise twice or thrice a week. She's not always a fit girl. Back then she was teased and verbally bullied non stop because of her weight.

All because of the title 'Top of the class'. She's a smart kid and transferee to a private catholic school. Doon niya nakilala ang lalaki na walang ginawa kundi pag tripan siya at ang katawan niya. Being a chubby girl with low self esteem it hurt her a lot.

Lahat ng parinig, insulto at pranks ginawa na sakaniya dahil sa timbang niya. She became bulimic for years because of it. She recoverd, thankfully but sometimes she relapse and mere sight of it is making her want to puke. She's a little delicate when it comes to her weight and body, it's a sensitive topic for her. Kahit ngayon.

"Can we talk?"

Agad naman siya napaigtad dahil sa gulat. Agad naman siya napatingin sa pintuan, her eyes widen seeing Bishop. Agad naman siya napatayo, why is this man in her doorway in 8 in the morning looking intimidating and mad. "Morning sir. Please have a seat."

Walang imik itong umupo sa upuan na nasa harapan niya. She clear her throat as she stand there in awkwardness. She's a little scared after how he acted around her last night. Sino ba naman hindi, parang bigla na lang nag-bago ang ihip ng hangin. "Can I offer you anything?"

"I just want us to talk Mrs. Hallow." Ani nito bago sumandal sa upuan, the way he act and his posture shouted calm demeanor but his face and tone did not match at all. His soft eyes is sharp and eyeing her in a threatening way. Mukha talaga itong mangangain. "Please take a seat. Let's talk about my brother. Shall we?"

Agad naman siya umupo. "Kyx? What about him?" She remarked eyeing the man in front of her, she just want to read this man but failed but her heart is pumping like crazy. Sinubukan niyang pakalmalhin ang sarili niya pero hindi niya magawa. Ramdam niya ang panlalamig ng kamay niya dahil sa kaba na nararamdaman niya.

Hindi nga dapat siyang makaramdan ng ganito. Alam niyang wala siyang maling intensyon kay Kyx at kung maka-akto ang lalaki parang balak niyang nakawin ang kapatid nito sakanila. Napa-isip siya na baka maliban sa phobia nito. Kapatid din ni Kyx ang rason kung bakit siya lumalayo sa mga tao.

"How did you two meet?" Tanong nito, pakiramdam niya parang iniintroga siya ng police sa paraan ng pag-salita at tingin nito.

She shrug nonchalantly, trying to play unbothered. "As Kyx said, si Dave nagpakilala saamin." Simpleng ani niya. She can see that he's trying to read her, Bishop nod lightly. She breathe out, she can tell that this man had something else in his sleeve and she don't want to waste any more time. She have work to do. "Cut this, please. Tell me why are you here?"

"Why are you hovering around my brother?" He straight forwardly ask, all the emotion on his face was gone in a blink. It surprise her, hindi agad siya nakapagsalita at mukhang hindi nagustuhan nito ang pananahimik niya. "Cat got your tongue? Now, are you Gold digger? Or are you like one of us? And using my brother to get our attention?"