Chapter 46

"Connie is everything okay now?"

Tanong niya habang naka-tayo sa harap ng Van. Connie just show her a thumbs-up before getting inside the driver's seat. Nginitian niya ito bago siya nag-lakad papunta sa sasakyan niya. Nang maka-pasok siya ay agad niya kinuha ang cellphone niya. It's currently 8, and she's tired but she wanted to do something... With someone.

She was about to dial Kyx's number when a message popped, napa-ngiti siya ng makita na galing kay Kyx iyon. Dali-dali niyang binuksan niya iyon, agad siyang nanlumo ng mabasa niya ang message. [Hey, Already at the Restaurant closing it. It's a tiring day today. I want to sleep.]

She and Kyx started texting a while now. You know simple updates about our day and night. [Oh. Okay, Have a nice night then.] She hit send, she sigh sadly. Ah! I wanted to show him that place, opening na non eh. She was about to toss her phone when a message pops up. Agad niya itong binuksan ng makita na galing kay Kyx iyon.

[Hmm. What is it?]

She bit her lips, surprisingly even though they just talking for a short time. Kyx somehow always know what she's thinking and feeling through her text, which amazes and confused her, sabi nito parang nagiiba daw ang tono ng text niya or alam lang daw nito Agad naman siya nag-tipa ng sagot. Sinubukan niyang pagandahin ang tono ng text niya kung ano man ibig sabihin non.

[Nothing, I just want to check something with you, pero okay lang. Rest well, Lorenzo.] She hit send. It can wait. Medyo mahaba din kasi ang charity event kanina kaya naiitindihan niya kung pagod ito.

She was waiting for Kyx's reply but minute pass not a single thing went to her phone, napa-simangot siya. Namatay siguro phone non. She drops her phone and was about to drive when her phone vibrated. Agad niya ito tinignan. [Come to the restaurant. I'll wait for you, in the back.]

She immediately smile but then she remembers what he said, he's tired. Siya nga na photographer na pagod, ito pa na nakipag-laro at inasikaso ang Event kanina. Speaking of the event, all day Bishop and Jupiter are giving her the side and sharp stare. Pilit niyang iniignora ang dalawa. Mag-tiyohin nga.

[It's really okay. Pahinga kana. It can wait, no worries.] She then hit send and drop her phone, she started her car and was about to drive when her phone rang. She immediately pick it up, it's a call. Agad niya itong sinagot bago inilagay malapit sa tenga niya. "Hey. What's up"

["I'm not gonna leave here until you come here. Bahala ka."] Then the call ended. She slowly moves her hand away from her ear, tulala siya sa phone niya ng ilang minuto bago siya nag-simulang mag-drive papunta sa beach. In Maroon Restaurant. After a few minutes of driving, she saw herself pulling behind Kyx's restaurant. Agad niya ito nakita naka-upo sa isang bench.

"Lorenzo? I told you it's fine." Ani niya ng ilang metro na lang ang layo niya dito. "Hindi naman gaano ka- importante eh." Patuloy niya habang naka-tingin sa binata na naka-upo lang sa bench na naka-tingin lang sakaniya, medyo naiilang na siya sa titig nito.

"No. It's fine." Ani ng binata. "I still have an hour before my curfew." Patuloy nito.

Agad naman nanlaki ang mata niya. "Hold up, what?" She exclaims as she looks at Kyx who just looked at her as if he didn't say something bizarre. "You have a curfew? At that age?!" Then her eyebrow creased in disbelief and confusion then something hit her mind. "I wouldn't be surprised if Bishop gave you that curfew."