Chapter 70

"Quinn? What are you doing here?"

Hindi na niya nagawang pansinin si Calcifer na may dalang plastic bag, she went straight to the room where Kyx is staying, nalaman niya iyon dahil kay Dave at may nga room number naman ang mga room kaya madali lang laman. Wala ibang laman ang isip niya kundi si Kyx halos hindi siya mapakali habang nagbya-byahe sila ni Dave.

Dave told her Kyx got into a car accident and is still unconscious. Pakiramdam niya namingi siya narinig niya. She doesn't care anymore, gusto lang niya makita ang lalaki.

She open the door and immediately greeted by the humming sound of the humidifier, agad siyang nag-lakad papunta sa kama. Doon niya nakita si Kyx na naka-higa sa kama. He look pale and there is a bandage around his head, some scratches on his cheeks, and a faint bruise on his left eye. Agad naman nanlambot ang kalamnan niya.

She held his cold hand. Why does he still look handsome after all of this?

"What happen to you?" She asks looking at Kyx intently. "You always tell me to drive safely tapos ikaw pa na-aksidente." She caresses Kyx's face. She can clearly remember how Kyx scolded her for driving over the speed limit. That was the first time Kyx got pissed at her and she can't take it seriously.

How can she? He looks so hot scolding her, he was even more pissed when she was smiling looking at him. Ano ba itong iniisip niya? Parang gusto niyang kutusan ang sarili ng ma-realize niya pinag-iisip niya.

"Drunk driving." Calcifer said from nowhere, her eyes stayed on Kyx but she didn't need to look. Sa boses pa lang alam niyang si Calcifer iyon. "Mabuti na lang at wala siyang nakabangga, he only had minor injuries so no need to worry that much." Pag-kwento nito, he is now standing beside her. "How did you know?"

"Doesn't matter." Ani niya. "What happen to him? It's not like him to drive recklessly." She can't help but ask. She is still holding Kyx's hand. Ayaw niya itong pakawalan, being in front of Kyx. She was amazed when she realized how much she misses him. She was so used to seeing this man, used to Kyx being comfortable around her.

Maybe that's why she's a little overwhelmed when Kyx pushes her off.

"Don't know but ever since New Year he's been acting off." Ani nito bago siya nito nilingon. "Ano ba kasi nangyari Quinn?" Calcifer sound frustrated. "We can easily tell he's off, he's acting and doing the same thing on daily basis for years until he meet you and now this. " Calcifer then sighs. "We knew it's about you, akala nga namin may ginawa na naman si Bishop."

She stayed silent, so ano pinapalabas nito? Na siya ang dahilan kung bakit nag-kakaganito ang binata? Teka? Siya nga ba? Paano naging siya, sinunod niya lang ang gusto ng binata.

"Kyx's is always predictable but since you came, he's just different. Why do you think Bishop is so worked up by you?" Ani ni Calcifer na para bang nagsasabi ng joke. "And Kyx is a little sensitive towards you, every time Bishop and Jupiter would talk ill about you he gets a little defensive, minsan nagagalit pa ito!" Napa-tingin siya kay Calcifer. "Kyx mood is affected by you. Quinn. Kaya alam namin kung okay ba kayo o hindi." Tinignan siya ni Calcifer.

"What?" She croaked when Calcifer look at her for a moment. Calcifer seems to have something on his mind but has trouble how to say it to her and that makes her agitated and curious. Hindi niya napigilan ang sarili magtanong. "What's up with that look?"

He stared at her. "Did you reject Kyx?" He asks slowly. "On New Year, did you reject him back then?"

She scoff. "No, he pushed me off. He said he was afraid." She look back at Kyx. "He wished for me to disappear, you know that hurt." Kyx's pale face was making her heartbeat weak. "I didn't understand but I respect his decision – " She chuckle bitterly. "I thought I already showed him that there's nothing to be afraid of, especially with me." She felt her throat aching, and her eyes watering. "But I understand him, his first relationship was traumatic." She sigh. "What did his girlfriend do to make him afraid like this?"