Chapter 83

An hour passed and Kyx was still unconscious and as time passed by, her mind won't stop feeding her thoughts and assumptions that make her feel worse. Her chest is booming on every assumption she creates that might be true and the questions she had that she badly wanted the answer to.

Somehow she was distracted when she felt how sticky she was and thought she will take a bath and maybe her mind will get off things and now she's in the shower, still thinking under the cold water. She sigh turning off the shower, drying herself, and slipping on Kyx's button-up long sleeve.

She wears nothing below but her panty. Sobrang laki naman ng damit ni Kyx, about hangang ilalim ng tuhod niya. She was drying her hair with her clothes when suddenly her phone rang. Unknown number, her forehead creased but she answered it before sitting beside Kyx's bed and holding his hand, caressing it gently.

"Hello, may I know who is this please?"

[Is he awake yet?] Calcifer's voice boomed.

She sigh. "No Cal. I'm getting worried." She put Kyx's hand near her lips and kissed it gently. "Can you just tell me, Calcifer Please? I hate feeling clueless all the time." Hindi na talaga gusto ang pakiramdam na walang alam dahil kung hindi mo ako bibigyan ng sagot ako mismo ang gagawa ng sagot at iyon ang paniniwalaan ko at iyon ang masama sakaniya.

After that, I'll never take anything but the answer I made up and she hate that about herself, kaya gusto na niya malaman ang nangyayari pero may parte din sakaniya na gusto si Kyx magsabi sakaniya.

"Cal, ano ba talaga ang nangyayari?" She blurted out, immediately regretting it. "No. Don't answer that. Just— Buy some food on your way back, please. I'm hungry." She remark, changing the subject. Parang mawawasak ang ulo niya sa kakaisip. She gently grip Kyx's hand.

["He'll tell you when he does. Hopefully, you're ready."] Calcifer's last words before hanging the call. Her entire mind went wild hearing what Calcifer said. Sa paraan ng pagkakasabi nito parang isang sikreto na wawasak sa boung mundo.

She put her phone in her purse and was about to stand up to put her purse away when Kyx suddenly sat up, shouting. She flinched so hard that she almost fall down the chair. Kyx was panting and even though the room is cold she could beads of sweat forming around his forehead, he was pale too.

Nang makabalik siya sa katinuan, she sat back down properly and was about to hold Kyx's hand but even before her hand could grasp his completely Kyx gasped in shock and grab his arms away and since he grab his hand forcefully she instinctively took three steps back stumbling on her chair almost knocking her over.

She look at Kyx, flabbergasted. Kyx was looking at her panting hard as if he run a marathon with a face that is pale as a sheet of paper and a terrified look on his face. She gulps as she stands up from the chair, Kyx blinks and blinks. She smiled approaching him gently. Sabi kasi ng Doctor nawalan ito ng malay dahil sa sobrang takot, kaya gulong-gulo siya.

Ano ba ang ginawa ni Angel sakaniya at ganito ito katakot? He even fainted at the mere sight of that small pale girl and it roots her mind, pero ngayon si Kyx muna ang aalalahanin niya. She's afraid that Kyx might fear her again. Isa iyan sa maraming bagay na tumatakbo sa isip niya.

"Hey, love." She called him. "I'm here, it's me. Can I walk closer?" She asks, smiling at him. Kyx seem in dazed for a few seconds, parang hindi siya nito kilala. That put a pang in her chest. She smiled again. "You hungry? I ask Calcifer for some food. He'll be here." She's smiling, talking to him gently and heartily but her smile is slowly fading seeing Kyx just look at her. She breathe out looking away.

Silence engulfs them, she just sat back down awkwardly. Tinignan niya si Kyx na halos hindi humihinga. He look so tense and scared like the first time they meet. Is he scared of her again? She felt like something inside her slowly tearing apart but seeing Kyx so scared and tense is adding to everything.

She felt like something sharp in her throat is slowly gliding down, taking its sweet time. Torturing her with pain. Parang iiyak siya, nanginginig ang boung katawan niya. Gusto niyang umiyak, mag-wala at hindi na niya iyon kayang pigilan.

She stood up slowly, she can't act recklessly but she just really want to cry. Babalik din naman siya, iiyak lang talaga dahil kung hindi baka kung ano ang mangyari kung sasabog siya. "Kyx," She cleared her throat when she spoke with a hoarse voice. "May kukunin lang ako sa sasakyan, babalik lang ako." Without looking at him, she stood up before she walk toward the door.

She grab the door handle and twist it open but before she could pull it open she felt something or someone behind her.

A hand slammed the door shut startling her. Medyo napalakas ang pagtulak noon at halos nakakabingi ang tunog, she even shrieks. Before she knew it, an arm is wrapped around her waist. Mabilis pa rin ang tibok ng puso niya dahil siguro sa gulat. Kyx was now standing behind her, one hand is around her waist and the other one was still on the door. She can feel her warm breath fanning on her ear, tickling her so sweetly. His warm body is making her feel safe and giddy.

"Love..."

"No..." Kyx breathe out, burying his face in the crook of her neck. "Don't leave me, mahal. Stay here. I'm scared." He begged, agad naman siya umikot paharap dito. Kyx put his head in the same position and when he did, she felt warm liquid on her neck. He's crying. Kyx hug her tightly, pulling her close to him as he sob gently. He was trembling and breathing heavily. It's hurting her.

"Mahal. Hold me tightly, please. I'm scared." Kyx murmur in the middle of his sob.

"I'm here. I won't leave, I'll never leave." She whisper, trying to calm him down. Hinahagod niya ang likod nito. God, what did Angel do to him? Why is he so shaken up? She felt anger rise inside of her. Wala pa siyang alam pero galit na galit siya kay, Angel. She is angry with her for making Kyx this way.

She was shushing and kissing Kyx's neck and shoulders, after a minute or two. Kyx trembling and sobbing calmed down.

She was able to put Kyx back to bed, pero away nitong umupo bagkus na umupo lang ito doon. His legs wide open and her in between them, he was still hugging her waist and face buried in the same spot. Kyx's state was now a little more okay than earlier. She let out a deep breath before cupping Kyx's face, making him look at her.

Kyx eyes were so beautiful and yet so vulnerable. It's like she could see his sorrowful soul beneath its making her feel sad and intruding.

"Love. What is going on?" She ask, tears she tried to conceal starting to blur her eyesight. Gusto niyang malaman, ano na talaga ang nangyari Hindi niya maintindihan, wala siyang maintindihan kung ano ang nangyayari. "I feel so lost and confused. What is going on?"

Kyx eyes started to fill with fear again, his body started to tremble again. Kyx moves his face away from his grasp before burying it in between her neck. Hinayaan niya lang ito at niyakap nilang, siguro hindi pa ito kayang pag-usapan ang nangyari. Natahimik ng ilang minuto si Kyx, second pass his hug suddenly tighten as she felt him take a huge breath as if readying himself.

"Angel..." Kyx choaked, na tila bang nasasaktan siya sa pagsabi pa lang ng pangalan na iyon. "She was my first girlfriend." Kyx breathe out, she wanted to listen to him but his trembling body is stealing her attention. She's getting a little worried and scared that Kyx might lose consciousness again.

"Love. Calm down, please. Let's not talk about this if you're not ready. I can wait. You're making me worried." She tried to stop him, parang pinag-sisihan na niya ang pag-tanong.

Kyx didn't listen. "The night of my 19th birthday." Kyx breathes out, voice trembling and cracking. Halos hindi niya maintindihang ang sinasabi nito sakanuya. "She raped me and my stepmother just watched."

Her world stops spinning. What?