VI. Just Like a Pill

Mark Masahiro

I am scrolling down the messages I received from Line and can't help myself to feel disturbed and astonished at the same time. I am using my brother's phone now. I didn't know that my Masa oniisama had a charm that magnets more men than women.

I get a few confessions from a couple or two of my male classmates when I was in highschool but not this serious and as weird compared to my brother. I attracted the cute and little ones while my oniisama attracted the types like P Art who would clearly be the 'dominant' one when they get into a relationship. I shivered from just thinking about it.

These disturbing messages kept on coming right after I changed niisama's relationship status on facebook, which I regret a little.

I told Jane and Pran about this problem and they just laughed at me.

"Aren't you happy about it? Don't tell me you fully switched into liking women now?" Pran whispered behind his surgical mask while carefully slicing on the toad's bloated stomach. The three of us were in a laboratory currently dissecting our four legged subject below. I don't know why we're still doing this in our second year but the professor insisted we do the toad again before moving on to a human cadaver next week.

I was almost get caught by them when I told them I'd get a girlfriend after breaking up with P Vee. I told them I realized when I was in Japan that I can like women too. Surprisingly, they took my excuse really well.

"But those men are scary Pran. Would you want them for yourself? I can give your Line to them if you want me to." I responded handing him an iris.

"That's what you get for breaking up with P Vee, Mas." Jane eyed me with contempt behind her googles.

"Hey! I did not break up with him. It was the opposite. What do you want me to do? Beg him not to?"

"Stop your talking, you three!" The professor came to scold us making us silent for a while.

"I wonder where these guys came from. Were they as bold as this when me and that Vee were still dating?" I asked more quietly this time. Niisama's friends, who were now my friends gets used to this strange questions from me. They were not as confused as the first time I asked them things about my own self.

"No they weren't. P Vee kinda gave you a type of immunity against this attacks. He acted as shield when you were around him, remember?" Jane's whisper was so low but I was still able to hear her.

Shield huh. I remember that young boy who braced his tiny arms around me trying to hide me behind him when those scary kidnappers were about to hurt us. I guess P Vee is still that same boy.

"Why are you smiling?" Pran was now transferring the forceps he holds to Jane's hands. He was looking right up my face.

"How can you tell I'm smiling? I'm not."

"Stupid Masa! Even behind that thick googles and surgical mask you wear, your eyes are smiling like there's no tomorrow." Pran pointed his gloved and bloody fingers at my face.

"I'm not."

"You are."

"I'm not"

"You are smiling because you remember P Vee! Huh!" Jane added chuckling while removing the intestines of the toad in front of her.

"I said I'm not smiling!" I retaliated taking no more of their teasing.

"SILENCE! How many times do I have to tell you that, you three!" The professor now yelled at the three of us making us bow down so low almost kissing the dead frog below us.