XXXIV. Twas the Last

Vee Vivis

The sound of Mark's voice arguing over someone in straight Japanese woke me up from my slumber as I hastily bring my self to sat up the sofa looking at the direction of the noise. My head pounded painfully and I can feel the strain at the back of my neck from sleeping in a most uncomfortable position on the sofa. Looks like I had passed out from drunkenness earlier and I have a vague memory that tells me it happened while I was making out with Mark.

The room was dark and the only light came from the lampshade beside the bed.

Mark was sitting on the corner of the bed, his back on me as he holds his smartphone up to his face and continue to argue with someone thru a video call. With the current tone of his voice, even if I do not understand the language at all, I can tell that he's really pissed off with the one from the other side.

"Shiya!" Mark slammed down his phone on the bed beside him after ending the phone with a distinctive swearing to whoever it was he was talking to. "Ugh! Fuck! Fuck!" He continued swearing while burying his face on his hands.

"Mark?" I finally called unto him making him jump at the sound of my voice behind him. He was out of the bed before I could even asked him about the call. Though the room was a little dark, my eyes had already adjusted since I have woken up for awhile now. I can see the evident shock on his face.

"P Vee? Why are you awake already?" He can't believe his eyes seeing me awake while the sun haven't risen yet.

"Well whose fault is it? You were too loud. Was it Kana you are arguing to again?" I remembered walking inside the room hearing Mark confessing how he love that Japanese friend of his. With this memory, I feel a sudden urge of irritation once again.

"It wasn't! It was someone who was pestering you earlier." He answered coldly walking towards me.

"Huh?"

He sat down beside me handing over what appears to be my smartphone.

"I'm sorry. I looked over your phone when you were asleep." He confessed in a low tone sounding a little guilty, or not.

"You what?"

"I looked over your phone P. I'm sorry. That multiple calls and messages you tried to hide from me earlier, I can't get it out of my mind. So I stole your phone when you passed out." He finished leaning at the backrest of the sofa, his eyes fixed on the ceiling. So he had seen who those calls and messages were from.

"Mark...I.."

"I'm sorry P. I'm sorry that you have to dragged with this mess. I was too lax to think she wouldn't get you involve. She taken it to the extreme. Ugh." He groaned in displeasure covering his face with his right arm.

"Was it Saya whom you were arguing to just now? Did she call you? Did she tell you her...well, about me?"

Mark's ex-girlfriend have been sending me alarming messages and calls since we have arrived at the resort. At first I was so taken aback by the pictures of Mark and I taken at the gasoline station where we waited for Phailin to come. It was a close range shot taken when I was cupping Mark's face with both of my hands as I checked for his temperature. It looked like that half crazed idol paid someone to stalk me and her ex-boyfriend.

A message went along with the images sent threatening me that she'll make Mark's life difficult if I failed to stay away from him as soon as possible. I took this seriously at first and was almost tempted to reply. But I soon realized this was all baseless threats and almost laughable coming from a crazy girl idol who was supposed to be too occupied with her career. And replying will only boost her over confidence that she can easily shake the relationship Mark and I have.