XXXIII. Possessive Husband and Wife

Mark Masahiro

I watch the girl named Risa as her eyes faltered while she watched what's on P Vee's neck that made the others teased us constantly since we came back from fetching some water. We were gathered around a campfire eating the barbecue and soup cooked by P Vee and P Phailin earlier. Some like P Rune, P Kit and I have already started drinking some beer we have bought from the convenience store.

"Hey, eat first! That's your third can of beer already! Here, eat this." P Vee scolded while handing me a chicken barbecue which I hastily took from his hands. He was sitting too close beside me that our shoulders and knees touched.

"I have eaten a bowl of soup P. I'm good." I told him holding the barbecue close to his mouth offering him a bite. He frowned at me but bit the meat at the end of the stick anyway. I smiled at him before I gulped on my can of beer again. Again, the girl sitting across us stared at us looking uncomfortable. The others were clearly nonchalant of the actions between me and their friend. Only this girl named Risa seemed to be interested with us especially with the man beside me who was too busy eating his soup.

"By the way nong Masa, the battle of the band hosted by our club will be held next month. Are you and your band participating?" P Nin who was sitting beside me asked.

"Uhmm... I haven't thought about re entering the band P. Remember I had withdrawn already?" It was only last week when I quit and even asked the club president for my dismissal from the club itself. It was at the spur of the moment after I have agreed to Saya's condition to distance myself from P Vee and the rest of the things related to niisama. I don't think I can just easily re join the band again. They were pretty upset with my sudden decision back then.

"Aw! I thought that everything's ok after you and Vee made up. Was it the reason you quit?" P Rune heard us and was now interested to join the conversation. The others stopped talking to listen to us as well.

I was kinda put into a tight spot and I don't know what to answer because P Rune was right. P Vee was the reason for all of that.

"I...uhmm.."

"He doesn't need to rejoin his band if he doesn't want to." P Vee spoke beside me answering P Rune's question for me. I looked and him and he just shrugged.

"Awwww... The husband spoke for the wife." P Luke teased, his arms wrapped around his girlfriend who also smiled nervously at P Vee and me.

"You don't want to expose nong Masa's talent in front of other people? Are you being possessive ai Vee?" P Kit threw P Vee a can of beer he easily caught in his single hand acting like he doesn't care of what his friend just asked him.

"Why? Can't I? If he wanted to play the instruments or sing then he can do that in front of me. No need of an audience." He smugly answered putting his free arms around my shoulder after opening his can of beer. I can feel my face heating up.

"P Vee!"

"What? Don't tell me you wanted to rejoin your band?" He spoke to me a little softly this time.

"Well that's not what I..."

"It's ok if you don't. I'd prefer if you don't." He didn't wait for me to finish what I was saying.

"P."

"Shia Vee! You are such a greedy husband! We all wanted to see nong Masa perform on the stage again!" P Nin complained glaring at P Vee who was now grinning.

"His talent fee is expensive! You can't afford him. Only I can afford him." He just said to them in an arrogant tone. I can't believe I am seeing this side of him displayed in front of his friends. Is he a kid or something?