XVI. Just Being Friendly

Mark Masahiro

I looked up at the scowling face of my friend who used his body to block the doorway of his hotel room. Kana was holding the doorknob tightly, his other arm braced up against the wall preventing me from coming further in.

It was already Monday and after spending the rest of my Sunday resting and sleeping at P Vee's place, I have almost forgoten about my friend checked in a hotel somewhere.

"Kana kun? I'm sorry na? Please forgive this stupid friend of yours and let me in already. I bought you some authentic thai refreshments. And I will take you to the university fair later, ok?" I used my cutest voice to beg him and smiled sweetly up at him.

I feel so guilty of what I have said to my friend the last time we argued. Kana and I seldom fights like that. He may be too nosy of the things that concerns me but I considered him vital in my life. He was always there to support me. He was even the one to pick niisama at the airport when I was too busy fixing my affairs with Saya that time.

Though Kana repeatedly tells me that he loves me, he stayed beside me and Saya supporting our relationship from behind. He and My ex girlfriend grew so close to each other as well that he said he would allow no one other than Saya to date me in the future. That is why I understand his reaction upon knowing about P Vee and me. He know how complicated the situation I am in because it's no normal relationship. He anticipates me to get hurt in the process. That's why he was all mad like that.

"You dare to show yourself to me now after ghosting me the whole day yesterday?" Kana's tone is intimidating. I always get scared of him when he is like this.

"Kanaaaa...Mark is sick yesterday. I was too exhausted to go out and my whole body was aching." Yes it was because I over did myself with the sex again. I just hope that Kana won't be able to notice the marks on my neck.

"Will you start spouting nonsense about mosquitoes biting your neck when I start asking about those marks I see under your collar?" Ugh. Busted already. Kana's eyes were too sharp. He flicked his head away when he saw me pouting at him and retreated back to his room. I followed close behind him feeling a little too happy because he finally let me in.

"Wow! This room is great Kan!" I appreciated the room I got for him using my own money. Yes, I will be paying for his stay in this luxurious suite room as long as he wants. Blame it to my over jealous boyfriend, P Vee who insist on getting my friend a hotel room though he still thinks my friend will be paying for all of this. I did this to make Kana stop complaining about not letting him stay with me in my condo instead.

"Well thank you for being rich Mark. This is not even enough to compensate for breaking my heart." Kana slumped down on the sofa looking at me boringly.

"Naniii!? I broke your heart again? Then what do you want me to do huh Kana kun?" I throw myself beside him and started punching his deltoid muscles like a punching bag. Ofcourse I was just playing. I missed being around him and being my usual self.

"Come back to Japan with me."

"Can't do that Kana. Try again."

"Tell that asshole Vee you are Mark, not Masa."

"I will. Soon. But not now. It's too risky."

"Can you be my boyfriend instead?" He caught my hands stopping me from playing boxing.

"Kanaaaaaaaat Kana kun! Are we starting on this again?" I rolled my eyes leaning back on the sofa but still facing him. How many times have I heard this before?

"What did you see in that Vee person that you haven't seen in me huh Mark? I was way more good looking than him! You met me before him. And I have stayed by your side way more longer. Why did you easily surrender your flag and slept with that guy?" He was talking too fast that I wasn't able to catch up some words he just said. But I got the message he was trying to tell me.