XXVIII. Why Change?

Vee Vivis

"I don't know what's happening with Mark lately P. He's been avoiding Pran and me since last week." Jane complained as the three of us walked towards the cafeteria of their faculty. The two messaged me earlier wanting for a talk regarding their friend, Mark.

It has been a week since that day happened when I saw Mark and that girl Saya kissed in front of me. I wasn't supposed to be affected but by the looks of it, the both of them must have returned being lovers. If it's not the case, I wonder how he could do that in front of the man he said he loves.  I don't know what happened between them but Mark seemed to choose that girl. I was hurting when I left the parking lot unable to stand looking at the two of them locking lips.

"P? What happened? Did you know what happened to Mark? I know that girl Saya already left for Japan days ago. I saw her on the social media doing press cons and other promotions for her girl group's debut soon. I thought everything would be back to normal when she's gone. But Mark, he's been so cold with us  lately." Jane continued as we sat down in one if the empty table.

Honestly I was beginning to get tired with all of this. Mark treated me the same way he did to his friends after that night. We saw each other in the hallways but he never spared a glance at me. And I never made an effort myself. I'm afraid to confront him about that kiss. I'm afraid to hear the truth from his pretty mouth about his current relationship with that girl.

"You knew something P Vee. Tell us." Pran demanded looking at me seriously. This is the first time he was able to talk to me again after that incident between Kana and me. I guess he too was desperate to know about Mark that he swallowed his pride and forget how angry he was with me.

"I don't even know if I should tell you about this. It's too frustrating to just even think about it." I answered.

"P! Do you think we don't have the right to know? We are so worried about him P. We tried to round him up after every class we had but he escapes all the time. We even went to his condo but he no longer stays there. He's been going home to his mother's house everyday. We have zero chance of cornering him this past few days P." Jane complained.

"Don't be an asshole P Vee. Jane even sided with you despite everything that you have done. I think she at least has the right to know what happened." Pran said coldly to me. I saw Jane nudged him on his side making him winced.

Pran was right. How can I hide from them what happened
that night after all they have done for Mark?

I began to tell them about me meeting Saya that day outside the Music club. I told them how we meet again at my parent's anniversary dinner, how I was told that he was that same Mark from my childhood. I even narrated how we told each other we were sorry for all the painful things that happened between us, how Saya slapped and assaulted me after knowing what I did to his ex boyfriend, and Mark slapping her back. Jane gasped upon hearing this part but she never interrupted me. Finally I told them what I saw at the parking lot and how Mark made me go away just like that before kissing once again his supposedly ex girlfriend.

"Well who could blame Mark? That Saya is super gorgeous!" Pran whistled after I finished my story. He looked kinda amused unlike Jane who looked more pissed off especially with her friend's reaction beside her. Pran obviously favored Saya for Mark.

"Really Pran? Then explain why Mark is doing this to us if not for that girl's order." Jane said in anger.

"You are overthinking Jane. Maybe the two of them became lovers again. And Mark was just too shy to admit it to us. Or he's afraid me and P Vee here would snatch her girl away. Ain't I making any sense P?" Pran was smiling looking at me. I am hating his sarcasms more and more.