Special: Understanding the Girl

Saya Otonashi

Rrrr...

[Hello? Saya where are you? I just got back from Bangkok. Why are you not in your condo?] Kana's annoying voice greeted me along with the sound of the car's door closing. So he arrived at Tokyo already. Too bad Kana kun, I'm in Bangkok right now. I'm about to see Mark once again.

"Really Kana chan? How's Mark? What did you bring from Bangkok? Did he buy me something for you to give me?" I can't tell him just yet where I am. I need to get more information from him before he started nagging again.

[Ugh. He sends an earful of nagging for you, you wicked girl. Now where are you? I know you're in a break now. How many days do you have? A week? I'm glad that you're not planning to go after Mark anymore.] I can't stop smiling hearing him blabber from the other side. I'm sorry I lied about not coming here. I'll hear whatever Mark has to say personally.

"I'm on my way shopping Kana Chan. I'll call you later if I get back. Or I could go to your place? How's that sound?" I lied. I have a week break from work before I fly to Korea. I have to tell my manager that I'll be going on a private vacation to spend my time on my own. I can't let anyone know I'm going to Thailand to meet my ex.

I'm still not used on calling him my exboyfriend. For me Mark will always be the only one. And I'll make sure I will get him back no matter what it'll take.

It was a mistake letting him go at that time. I was too stressed with the hype of my career and the pressure from my agency that I recklessly broke up with him. My heart suffered gravely without Mark in my life. I'm so used with seeing his smile and hearing his voice everyday giving me encouragement with every endeavor I take. My life was never the same without him.

With all the series of unfortunate events that happened to him especially with the death of his twin brother, Mark seemed to drift away from me. I know about his plans to go to Thailand from Kana and I have begged him myself not to. But me and Kana wasn't able to stopped him. I almost went mad with loneliness when he went away.

I can't focus on my work as I think about Mark every single day. He stayed longer in Thailand more than I expected. He was not answering any of my calls or messages either. Kana was too loyal to his friend at first that he never gave away Mark's whereabouts even to me. I got so anxious that I hired an investigator to know what he has been doing in Thailand.

The result of the investigation almost made me fly to him immediately. But with my current work that involves a lot of workshops and trainings for my upcoming Korean debut, I wasn't able to do so.

It turns out that Mark was filling in his dead brother's shoes infront of their mother, Masa kun's friends and a boyfriend. The guy I dated had gotten himself an instant boyfriend because he was pretending to be his brother. And I hated it! I hated that guy named Vee for taking advantage of Mark. How can he be so stupid not to tell that Mark wasn't Masa kun? If you really love someone, you can tell even the smallest and slightest detail about that person. That Vee person must be really stupid to be bluffed by Mark.

At first I thought it's all part of his act to fool everybody around him. But when he finally answered my call, I heard something strange in his voice. Was he falling for that guy? Up to what extent did he pretend to be his brother? I don't even want to imagine the depth of their relationship. The jealousy made me think of drastic measures to break them apart.

I have been a possessive girlfriend to Mark ever since we started dating in middle school. Mark's handsome face and the mysterious aura that surrounds his personality always attracts both girls and boys around him. Though he never flirted with anyone when we were dating, some of his admirers were very persistent. I get rid with every single one of them on my own without Mark knowing. I even made that one rookie artist who flirted with Mark lost her career. I did worst for the others. I may look angelic and harmless from the outside but I can be very feisty and cruel to anyone who tried to snatch Mark away from me. The exemption was Kana. I'm aware of his feelings for Mark but I know he would not aim to be more than friends with him. And I can see myself in Kana. That's why the two us had become bestfriends.

[Shopping again? Where? Please buy me food when you come here ok? I want some chicken and beer.] Kana said happily.

"Kana chan. I miss Mark you know. What do you think he's doing right now? It's almost 2pm in Bangkok. Do you think he's in the university? Is he still in class?" I tried to sound like my usual self when I asked Kana about Mark. He have been telling me things since he went here before me days ago. It's like talking casually doing some reporting about his friend's whereabouts. This is what I've been trying to aim for today. I'd like to know where to find Mark. I know he will not answer his phone when he sees it's me that is calling. So I have to use Kana. I already know he's probably in the university. But I need more details.

[Again? It's not like I'm still with him you know. Well I messaged him awhile ago telling him I already arrived in Tokyo. He said he's in the university but he skipped his last period. He said he'll spend the time in the piano room of his music club. That guy's being so dramatic lately after he broke up with that bloke Vee." Bingo! Kana just simply gave away Mark's location as I expected from him.

Kana told me he and that guy Vee broke up after everything was revealed to Vee. Kana suspected it was me who send that guy evidence of Mark being Mark. So what if I did? I should have done it earlier without waiting for Mark to be confuse of his feelings for that guy. Kana told me that Mark had already fallen in love with that Vee person. I refused to believe it. I know Mark doesn't sway in that direction. He can't just go falling in love with some guy he just met.

But then Kana slapped me with more news from Bangkok. He said he's 100% sure that Mark had already slept with that guy, and Mark admitted it himself. He was crazily in love with that person who only dated him thinking he was his brother.

I went mad with my jealousy and resentment towards the both of them that day as I crazily throw and broke everything my hands can reach inside my condo unit. I cried and cried until my eyes were all swollen that my manager was forced to cancel my schedule for that day. The devastating news took over my sanity. I remember opening the social media and how I stalked Vee's account only to send him those links that will reveal Mark's true identity. I wasn't thinking about the damage it will bring for Mark. I just want to destroy everthing the the two of them have. That Vee person doesn't love him for who he really is anyway. I was just feeding him with the truth.

Kana scolded me for what I have done. He told me Vee's anger for knowing the whole truth made him hurt Mark. Kana refused to tell me the exact details. That's why I came here myself to find out. I will make sure he will pay for whatever he did to Mark. And I will do everything for Mark to love me again.

"Thanks Kana chan. I'll see you after a week then. I will send your regards to Mark when I see him."

[What? Hey are you in Bangkok? But you said you won't be able to go because of your hectic schedule. Saya!] I laughed hearing his panicking voice as I went off the taxi I rode from the airport. He dropped me just outside the building of the Music and Arts department inside Mark's University.

"I'm about to see Mark in a few minutes Kan! Bye for now." I immediately cut the line despite hearing him shouting at the other side.

I walked slowly towards the building and saw a familiar face sitting on a bench under a tree just outside the Music club building. The side view of the handsome face of that stupid man I only saw on my phone seemed to be lost in his own thoughts even if he was holding an open book infront of his face. Vee.

Why is he here? Is he waiting for Mark? But they already broke up right? The nerve of him to still go after my guy.

He will not be the first man I will get rid in Mark's life. I remember that married script writer guy who constantly flirts with Mark when we were on a workshop. I digged on his past scandals with other man and made sure it reached his wife. She divorced him immediately after that and got sacked out from his job.

I came near that Vee person after I saw him put down his book looking all distracted with something. What do I do with this guy?

Hmmm. I guess I'll show him first as to who Mark really belonged to.

"Uhmm. Excuse me." I began.

💋💋💋