XX: The Morning After

Vee Vivis

I groan out loud as I woke up with a pounding headache and a stiff neck that I immediately rubbed with my hand. I found it difficult opening my eyes at first because of the strain from too much crying I did last night. I blinked a few times adjusting my eyes to the blinding light of the sun that comes shinning from my window. I stretched my body and rolled to the sides and almost cried out loud.

My  body hit the floor face down. I fall off of the sofa where I must have slept from last night.  I struggled pulling my self to stand so I crawled my way up to the sofa instead. I slumped my body down on the soft surface and looked around my room feeling the nostalgia from the events of last night. My eyes fall to my bed that was in total disarray and saw what caused me not to sleep there.

The crumpled cream colored bedsheet has dark stains of blood in the middle where the person from last night had laid.

I closed my eyes as the familiar needle pricking pain inside my heart started again. I did horrible things to that kid last night and I'm starting to question if my actions justified how he had wronged me.

I was too drunk when I went back to my room after drinking mindlessly with my friends. Well my friends came later after I wasn't able to attend the last subject because I went out straight to drown myself in alcohol after seeing those disturbing videos sent to me about my make believe boyfriend.

That person whom I have trusted and loved the most has been fooling me all this time.

When I first saw those videos, I even tried to pushed it at the back of my mind thinking it was another antifan of Masa and me who was trying to confuse me by sending those clips showing some Japanese guy who looked exactly like Masa. But the last few images screamed the truth to my denying mind.

The anonymous sender sent me a newspaper clippings about a murder case that happened in Sapporo, Japan a few months ago. It coincides to the time when Masa went there for a vacation. I have to used Google Translate to understand what the news was saying and I felt myself sinking into a dark hole when the translation was shown. It says that a person named Masahiro Masa, a 21 years old half Japanese, half Thai in decent, was shot dead by some delinquent in the street. It also tells about how the poor man was mistaken to be his twin brother by the gunman who was a rogue and obsessed fan of Mark's celebrity ex-girlfriend.

The news made it to the front page of a famous Japanese newspaper because it involves a celebrity who is currently very famous in the said country. The celebrity name is Saya, and she's supposed to be that younger person's ex-girlfriend. The clippings was supported by the disturbing image taken inside a morgue where Masa's cold corpse was laid in a mortuary stretcher. That image was the cause why I got sick in the stomach hence vomiting just outside my car.

When I recovered, I went over the other videos and learned more things about the other twin. Mark did modeling jobs in Japan and starred in some adds along with his girlfriend and his friend Kana. That guy he introduced as a friend he only met a few months ago is his childhood friend all along in reality. They were almost together in every video that was sent to me. The two of them was also supposed to debut as J Pop Idols along with Mark's girlfriend, Saya. I was not able to find out why their debut was hold though, but there was a profile about Mark that shows he was enrolled into the college of Medicine in one of Japan's prestigious University, just like his twin brother here in Thailand.

The other stuffs I found about him were mostly gossips pertaining to his relationship with that beautiful celebrity Saya. People talked about how the two hide their relationship as the other one became so famous. It looks like they have been dating each other way longer even before the girl had her debut in the entertainment industry. Speculations of their break up were all over the comments in the youtube videos. It was assumed that the two separated because of the pressure of fame in the girl's side.