XXXVII. Incognitos

Mark Masahiro

For a moment I got so confused as to where I am exactly. If I wasn't mistaken, I'm still in Japan right? The alcohol must have done funny things to my brain that it started seeing things that were not suppose to be there.

"Mark!" The tall man that came in yelled my name as soon as his eyes caught me sitting beside Kana.

A year has passed since I last saw that familiar face and the pretty lady hiding behind his back.

Pran and Jane!

"Mark!" In a flashed, Jane had passed through Pran and deliberately throw herself to hug me.

"Uh! Jane. Pran. You guys. You...why are you here? How come you two are here?" I struggled from the sudden shift of my language from speaking Japanese to Thai. Since I've came back from a year ago, I seldom used the language except when this two friends I harbored in Thailand calls me.

Kana moved aside to give way for Pran as Jane as the two started to huddle themselves to me while smiling in all ears.

"Why you asked? Because we missed you of course!" Jane wrapped her arms around my torso hugging me like I'm some kind of teddy bear.

"It's the Christmas break Mark! Where else do you expect us to go? But you didn't invite us you ungrateful snob! It's all thanks to Kana for sponsoring our trip. Arigato na Kana kun." Pran beamed at Kana who was all smiling looking at the three of us.

"Don't mention it. It'll be reimbursed by Mark anyway." He nodded at Pran then stuck his tongue out to me like a 5 year old kid.

"Mark! Why are you you so thin? Have you been skipping meals lately? Oh. The muscles are still there." Jane shamelessly commented while groping on my abdomen. I wiggled involuntarily while laughing. She's the only girl apart from Saya who can get this touchy with me. Of course I don't count those girls I blindly slept with before. The ones who threw themselves at me when I drown myself over my loneliness after getting back from Thailand. Jane is far way different from those girls. I can never put malice with her clinginess. She's more like a sister than a normal friend to me.

"I'm happy to see you two! It has been a long time." I patted Jane's head and grinned at Pran. I truly missed the company of this two. They were the reason why I was able to make it out of Thailand alive. I don't know what might have happened to me when they were not around when my mother passed away.

"We missed you too Mark. Pran and me waited for this moment to come for months now. So when Kana kun called and offered us to come, we were too delighted to say yes!"

"Yeah. That girl was too excited to even sleep normally this past few days before our flight." Pran teased Jane. She frowned at him making a cute face that I am very much familiar with.

"Wow! This place is something! You guys are really loaded! I don't think I can afford a VIP room like this." Pran commented after pacing around the room feasting his eyes to the luxurious furniture used. He was now looking below to the hyping crowd bracing his palms at the glass panel of our VIP room.

"It belongs to Mark's cousin Pran. This is all his treat." Kana walk over to him looking at the dancing crowd as well. I know he longed to get down there. We used to loose ourselves dancing crazily like some normal people before. But he won't be able to do that easily now considering his present popularity.

"Should we go down and dance as well? It looks kinda fun! The DJ is really good. He's someone famous in this field I presume." Pran talked to Kana with his bright and excited eyes. I saw how Kana smiled back to him sadly.